Author Topic: Floor mats  (Read 8001 times)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Floor mats
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2018, 11:46:14 PM »
Mr. Ed, Mr. Gaines, thanks for helping us all out with this topic. So, there were red, black and clear ones? Is any one variation harder to find than the other two? I would be interested in 2 sets, if someone would repro them.
They are all like hens teeth to find.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TJinSA

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2018, 10:19:14 AM »
I must admit I'd buy a couple of sets!
Tom Kubler
6S296

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2018, 08:16:27 PM »
The rubber mats in black seem to look dirty all the time. I went with these. Lloyds mats.
                     -Keith

Hey_jude

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2018, 08:33:01 PM »
The rubber mats in black seem to look dirty all the time. I went with these. Lloyds mats.
                     -Keith

And they look fantastic too. Thanks Keith
Follower of Jesus, Grateful Caretaker of #2196 and amateur car photographer.

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2019, 09:52:59 AM »
Floor mats were in the ford dealer accessories catologs that came out every year with newer products & dealer add ons u could order & buy from your ford dealer. The koolest floor mats made were the c9az pasiley mats in different wild color patterns with ford oval & a gt 40 car moulded in the mats in the center these mats came out in 69 but never lasted very long just to wild looking but thats why they are KOOL. On the sides you could trim them off for a convertible since they have both moulded in lines for hardtop or convertible & on backside it tells u where to trim them. I found several sets of pasiley mats in old ford dealer attics back in the 80s since they didnt sell well as they were just to wild looking & back in 69-70 chrysler made flower power floor mats that were also wild looking & you would find them in mopars that had the Mod Top option flowered vinyl tops with mod top decals on rear window.
Mr. Ed, why did someone need to trim the mats for a convertible? Was the floor pans a little more narrower?
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2019, 10:42:14 AM »
Th e inner side rails were much wider on a uni-body convertible to stenghten the car body unlike hardtop & fastback roof support. That why convertible carpet is moulded differently & has small heelpad & less foot room area. So to fit correctly u had to trim sides back on floormats so they would lay flat on floor.