Author Topic: 1968 build sheets  (Read 4539 times)

Special Ed

• View Profile
1968 build sheets
« on: January 10, 2019, 12:37:24 AM »
Anybody order a 68 buildsheet from marti yet?  Was wondering how they turn out & how long the wait would be to get one done. Its cheaper if you got your original in bad shape & just want a new one you transfer what info you got to marti to save him time doing research vs not having any at all to go by but he can make one either way. Years ago i was at kevins  new place for open house & he had a build sheet machine & i asked him about making copies but he didnt know if enought interest & i told him when people restore there car there is lots of helpful info &  color codes on buildsheets & helps document the car better. He is doing 68s first & i hope this goes over good so he will do 69s next.

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1968 build sheets
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 07:24:09 AM »
This sounds like something I would be interested in as my build sheet seems to be long lost.  I looked on his web site and can see no mention of it.  Can anyone add a link?

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 08:51:24 AM »
There are a lot of small tgings on 1968 build sheets. I would be interested to see if he could pick them up. I have a collection of about 300 sheets.

I am not sure there is a lot to be gained, most of the information can be found a few websites.

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 09:01:34 AM »
Yes pete i was thinking the same thing like figuring out rotation # & running changes thru-out the year but either way it would be interesting to see his new build sheets.

KR500

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 09:15:55 AM »
One thing I have noticed from My observation of the 68 Metuchen build sheets are that there are at least thee different versions used. If memory serves me correctly (I don't have My build sheet collection  with Me ) there is an Aug 67 a Nov 67 and a Feb 68 dated version used. Same amount of info on all three versions but some lines are coded different. As an interesting note I have seen several 68 Shelby's that have had more than one (2) build sheets in them and in all examples that I have seen the 2 sheets were dated different.
Rodney
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 09:40:06 AM »
I have my original build sheet which I personalty removed from my car #1394 in February, 2008 and it was in near perfect condition.  That was an awesome experience. 

Would like to add a reproduction copy to my documents book too.  That would be cool.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 09:48:41 AM »
The example kevin shows is nov 67  &  it maybe that he picked a middle date so as to one size fits all not sure if he plans on offering all 3 dates but anything would be better than nothing if yours is missing or if like some cars i know the past owner kept the buildsheet .

rjcassling

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 10:59:54 AM »
This sounds like something I would be interested in as my build sheet seems to be long lost.  I looked on his web site and can see no mention of it.  Can anyone add a link?

Ditto

TransamEd

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 05:28:18 PM »
Regarding the change date of buildsheets maybe this Ford Handbook gives a hint of 03-11-68? (for March 11, I assume)

I'd prefer the build d sheet decoder book Kevin had in mind since a number of years (but he mentioned the small market for this).
But I understand that the sheets will provide better Money ROI of time.

KerryBWhite

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 06:35:40 PM »

Link
http://www.martiauto.com/BuildSheets.cfm

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 08:50:08 PM »
I just went through the steps and it says he's only offering the Build Sheet for Mustangs, Cougars and a few other Ford, Lincoln and Mercury Passenger cars.

You can't get one for a Shelby yet.

QSS

« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 09:34:10 AM by QuickSilverShelby »
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

bobg

• SAAC Member
  • CAR 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 08:09:23 AM »

Rodney my car came with two sheets and they had the same date AUG 67.
                                                                                                                                         bobg

KR500

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 08:42:55 AM »
bobg
Nice to know.Thank You. I figured that eventually a matching date set would turn up. I just haven't seen a lot of 68 Shelby's that have had more than one build sheet found in them.

Rodney
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 10:29:56 AM »
I just went through the steps and it says he's only offering the Build Sheet for Mustangs, Cougars and a few other Ford, Lincoln and Mercury Passenger cars.

You can't get one for a Shelby yet.

QSS

Wouldn't the Shelby Mustangs have a regular Build Sheet BEFORE it became a Shelby?

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 11:43:02 AM »
There is only a Ford build sheet for the 1968s. (There could be multiple copies of that one build sheet)

You can call it what you like, but the cars that were sent to Shelby were designated before any production began.

All the 1968 Shelbys are designated “SHELBY UNIT” on that sheet and have unique Shelby codes.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 11:50:50 AM by Coralsnake »