News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

The first GT500 debuts 2020

Started by FL SAAC, January 11, 2019, 08:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Special Ed

Don the 69 gt 500 blue was chris browns the red kr was a local long time owner & the white 67 was from benton harbor mi. it replaced the white 67  from ohio that was supposed to be there but when ford truck came to pick it up car wouldnt run so we had to hurry up & find a white 67 500 ASAP & brent alexander told me about one that showed up at our local saac brown co. show so George H. got ahold of him & truck picked it up after going to mo. to get  c browns car. If u watch  reply # 35 about 2/3 thru the video u will see special ed (blue shirt busy signing autographs) george & travis huisman chris & hunter brown all standing behind shelby in back stage. After show we went to camillos  studio(gt40 designer) place for a big party & lots of interesting people showed up.

Don Johnston

Quote from: Special Ed on January 15, 2019, 05:00:10 PM
Don the 69 gt 500 blue was chris browns the red kr was a local long time owner & the white 67 was from benton harbor mi. it replaced the white 67  from ohio that was supposed to be there but when ford truck came to pick it up car wouldnt run so we had to hurry up & find a white 67 500 ASAP & brent axander told me about one that showed up at our local saac brown co. show so George H. got ahold of him & truck picked it up after going to mo. to get  c browns car. If u watch about 2/3 thru the video u will see special ed (blue shirt busy signing autographs) george & travis huisman chris & hunter brown all standing behind shelby in back stage. After show we went to camillos  studio(gt40 designer) place for a big party & lots of interesting people showed up.

Good info and good story.  Thanks. 8)

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

looks like vin # 001 just sold for 1.1 million

I have all UNGOLD cars

Chris Thauberger

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

FL SAAC

why are you so negative?

who bought it has an expansive collection and the money went to a good cause, charity.

your reply should have been...I DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO PURCHASE OR DONATE TO A CHARITY...

are you even a paying SAAC dues member ?

as we say in the south bless your little heart...

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on January 19, 2019, 09:21:35 AM
What was that PT Barnum used to say...

I have all UNGOLD cars

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on January 19, 2019, 12:11:30 AM
looks like vin # 001 just sold for 1.1 million

From what I read elsewhere, the orange car is pre-production. Jackson will be able to order his car however he wants. It will be the first production car down the line later this year.

Just over $1M goes to charity, forgot which one.

I have to admit, I admit I like the styling of the 500 much more than the 350. Paint the bumper body color and it will be even better.

FL SAAC

No sir you truly did not mean that.

You are the same guy who said that he would be glad if the new Shelby Anerican went out of business.

We replied then and today , why would you or anyone want any company especially an American company to close?

True to form a leopard doesnt change its spots.

You are one weak leopard.

Yes fishing is great in Florida.  You should go fish yourself...

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on January 20, 2019, 12:47:48 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on January 20, 2019, 09:20:55 AM
why are you so negative?

who bought it has an expansive collection and the money went to a good cause, charity.

your reply should have been...I DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO PURCHASE OR DONATE TO A CHARITY...

are you even a paying SAAC dues member ?

as we say in the south bless your little heart...

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on January 19, 2019, 09:21:35 AM
What was that PT Barnum used to say...

tony

The quote I was referring to was "The noblest art is that of making others happy"  - PT Barnum.

Money went to a good cause.

Fishing in Florida is still good. ::)

I have all UNGOLD cars

Richstang

Hi Tony,

I think if you went back to the monthly events postings instead of the numerous individual posts you might see less hostility from the other regulars here.
Most of us are not in lucky enough to live in a warmer state such as Florida. (Tomorrow it will be only 4 degrees here in the northeast. Don't rub it in.)
Many of us outside your state also have little interest in the Non-Shelby / non-Ford / Non-Muscle car related gatherings.

A simple monthly specific post such as "January Events" with each additional event added and contained within might be the better approach.

Just a thought...
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

FL SAAC

Greetings friend,

First let me thank you for your very valuable advice.

Please note that I posted this topic in our Florida SAAC section.

Sorry to hear about ( a non shelby topic) your weather.

Again thanks for expressing your freedom of speech.

Quote from: Richstang on January 20, 2019, 04:56:06 PM
Hi Tony,

I think if you went back to the monthly events postings instead of the numerous individual posts you might see less hostility from the other regulars here.
Most of us are not in lucky enough to live in a warmer state such as Florida. (Tomorrow it will be only 4 degrees here in the northeast. Don't rub it in.)
Many of us outside your state also have little interest in the Non-Shelby / non-Ford / Non-Muscle car related gatherings.

A simple monthly specific post such as "January Events" with each additional event added and contained within might be the better approach.

Just a thought...

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

terlingua11

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on January 20, 2019, 06:52:37 PM

Not to detract from the original topic, however I do have to agree with those who have said there are a lot of FL. car show posts. If you look at the amount comparatively to the rest of the regions, you have to admit it is considerably greater. Again, not trying to provoke, just adding to the discussion.
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

FL SAAC

Good morning terlingua,

Teri great observation. Love your screenshot of the Regions. It has been proposed to change the name of the Regions to the following;

Dead Zone # 1
Florida Region
Dead Zone # 2
Dead Zone # 3
Dead Zone # 4

Well you get the picture

Then a special Region for non paying, non supporting saac participant's

Leach Region # 1

Kindest regards and back to the topic at hand...what a car or as CS would say...THE NEXT ONE !

Quote from: terlingua11 on February 01, 2019, 09:34:59 AM
Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on January 20, 2019, 06:52:37 PM

Not to detract from the original topic, however I do have to agree with those who have said there are a lot of FL. car show posts. If you look at the amount comparatively to the rest of the regions, you have to admit it is considerably greater. Again, not trying to provoke, just adding to the discussion.

I have all UNGOLD cars

terlingua11

I hope you are not implying I am a non-paying non-participating SAAC member.

I agree,back to the original post...... the 500 certainly has a mean aggressive look and will be a killer on the streets.
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R