News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Anyone else surprised at this or am I missing something?

Started by BGlover67, January 12, 2019, 06:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sfm6sxxx

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on January 12, 2019, 12:13:09 PM
Quote from: TOBKOB on January 12, 2019, 10:38:30 AM
I guess I'm different but I passed on one just like this one back in 1970 because of the color combination
How un American - It's Red White & Blue. The price is right once you figure what it will cost to get rid of the rust and restore it.
If it was rusted in those four obvious sites and not repaired, you have to wonder what else is lurking underneath the car. 

6S1114

Don Johnston

It least it doesn't have a "Caution Fan" sticker.   8)

Coralsnake

How about comp red with a red interior? That would be cool...

Bigfoot

Quote from: Coralsnake on January 12, 2019, 04:10:31 PM
How about comp red with a red interior? That would be cool...

Have seen on a Boss 302 but never on a Shelby.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Quote from: Coralsnake on January 12, 2019, 09:28:02 AM
Do you know the history of the car? (I don't)

It's kind of like buying bread at the store that's past it's expiration date. It might be fine  :)

You might also have a blue sandwich
As my mother used to say when she served moldy food, "it's just like penicillin". It might be good or it might be bad, but you got to taste it to find out  ;D
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

roddster

My favorite 69/70 paint combination.  At a way former SAAC convention, one was there and the rumor was that there were ten built in that combination.
  Sub comment:  I thought the price was $62,500.  Are you adding in the buyer premium?

427hunter

Without a doubt the big three from the past -shelby, corvette, Ferrari- are all lower in price for the moment and only best of breed of those cars are pulling big money. I am not sure if it's market saturation with all of them, but you can walk into a dealer and buy a new "Shelby" that will run circles around our old Shebly cars.   
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

FL SAAC

+ 1

Quote from: 427hunter on January 18, 2019, 12:50:55 PM
Without a doubt the big three from the past -shelby, corvette, Ferrari- are all lower in price for the moment and only best of breed of those cars are pulling big money. I am not sure if it's market saturation with all of them, but you can walk into a dealer and buy a new "Shelby" that will run circles around our old Shebly cars.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert