News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Spacers on 69 GT350 Auto, PS, PB, A/C

Started by SChatman, January 13, 2019, 04:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SChatman

I have two spacers that were with my A/C compressor and P/S pump mount bolts and I have no idea where they go, any thoughts? Pictures attached (I hope)

Bob Gaines

Quote from: SChatman on January 13, 2019, 04:15:20 PM
I have two spacers that were with my A/C compressor and P/S pump mount bolts and I have no idea where they go, any thoughts? Pictures attached (I hope)
Typically used on non A/C or in some instances non P/S applications on water pump bolts to compensate for the AC and or P/S brackets . They don't have to be used when various accessories are used because the bracket takes up the same space.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Quote from: J_Speegle on January 14, 2019, 06:17:50 PM
To help illustrate what Bob was referring to

The thin spacers are the ones the OP is talking about are like the ones in my picture . AMK shows where they go in their bolt kits. I only had a 68 version handy.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 14, 2019, 06:25:14 PM
The thin spacers are the ones the OP is talking about are like the ones in my picture . AMK shows where they go in their bolt kits. I only had a 68 version handy.

Sorry thought you were referring to the thicker ones. The thinner ones were not used on small blocks with PS but without AC that year

Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 14, 2019, 05:37:58 PM
Typically used on non A/C or in some instances non P/S applications on water pump bolts to compensate for the AC and or P/S brackets . They don't have to be used when various accessories are used because the bracket takes up the same space.

Removed my pictures since they are not related to the question ;)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge