Author Topic: Spacers on 69 GT350 Auto, PS, PB, A/C  (Read 1834 times)

SChatman

• View Profile
Spacers on 69 GT350 Auto, PS, PB, A/C
« on: January 13, 2019, 04:15:20 PM »
I have two spacers that were with my A/C compressor and P/S pump mount bolts and I have no idea where they go, any thoughts? Pictures attached (I hope)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 01:07:10 PM by SChatman »

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Spacers on 69 GT350 Auto, PS, PB, A/C
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 05:37:58 PM »
I have two spacers that were with my A/C compressor and P/S pump mount bolts and I have no idea where they go, any thoughts? Pictures attached (I hope)
Typically used on non A/C or in some instances non P/S applications on water pump bolts to compensate for the AC and or P/S brackets . They don't have to be used when various accessories are used because the bracket takes up the same space.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 06:25:14 PM »
To help illustrate what Bob was referring to

The thin spacers are the ones the OP is talking about are like the ones in my picture . AMK shows where they go in their bolt kits. I only had a 68 version handy.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 06:42:49 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 06:32:50 PM »
The thin spacers are the ones the OP is talking about are like the ones in my picture . AMK shows where they go in their bolt kits. I only had a 68 version handy.

Sorry thought you were referring to the thicker ones. The thinner ones were not used on small blocks with PS but without AC that year

Typically used on non A/C or in some instances non P/S applications on water pump bolts to compensate for the AC and or P/S brackets . They don't have to be used when various accessories are used because the bracket takes up the same space.

Removed my pictures since they are not related to the question ;)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

SChatman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 08:55:10 PM »
Thanks guys