News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Random thoughts from Barrett Jackson 2019

Started by JWH, January 16, 2019, 11:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWH

Superformance, Factory Five and Shelby American all had cars lined up and ready for purchase. Cobras, GT40s and Daytona Coupes were all available.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: JWH on January 19, 2019, 12:20:11 PM
Ouch, the owner of Hagar's car is $150,000 in the red.
No he took the tax donation deduction when he bought it. Problem is did he take 100% of the purchase price? That would be illegal since he now sold it for 100 his deduction should have been only 150 not the 250 he paid - unless he donates the 100 somewhere too.
The low-mid price cars seemed to be cheaper this year. I wonder if it's a Trump effect where people are making money on wall street so they aren't betting on the classic car market as much.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Quote from: JWH on January 19, 2019, 12:23:50 PM
I can finally post pictures -- here is a picture of the Green Hornet proudly displayed right outside the main auction tent.
Jeff

They didn't let people look under the Hood?   :-X

TedS

Did I just see a 68 KR FB cross the block at $210K ?

Special Ed

yes & he will be paying 230 or so total  desirable combo  4-speed a/c in good color but strong $ for a fastback.

Dizzy

Saturday night and keeping the glasses full :P
Even the 23 window VW bus did OK!

Bigfoot

Interested to see what KK 1807, 4500 +\- mile B9 sells for in the next hour or so. Nice piece with nice pedigree and looks amazing in photos.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

JD

seems like it was the Barrett-Jackson Resto/Custom Corvette Extravaganza.

'60's Shelby's didn't get much or any air time. 
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Quote from: Bigfoot on January 19, 2019, 08:00:34 PM
Interested to see what KK 1807, 4500 +\- mile B9 sells for in the next hour or so. Nice piece with nice pedigree and looks amazing in photos.

+1

Fast Fords

I was not streaming it,so yes, it was mostly a Corvette auction and commercials. Luckily, I taped it and could watch a lot of it on fast forward.

427heaven

A white B9 sold for 147k... I would have been pissed if it was mine. :'(

Hockeylife

One of the 2 white cars hammered at $137k, netting the seller $123.3k. I guess you would have been pissed.

FL SAAC

at a 100k well bought real shelby fun car to be enjoyed, not a eleanor at 350k.  shows where the markets going

Quote from: JWH on January 19, 2019, 12:20:11 PM
Ouch, the owner of Hagar's car is $150,000 in the red. That's what I call a Red Rocker of a trade. 
       This car was behind ropes so hard to get a look at it, but from the picture board, if i recall correctly, there was not much original Shelby left on this Shelby. It had been modded out extensively with total replacement of the drive-line and a color change from blue to red for starters. Just my opinion, but even at $100,000, I would consider this car "well sold."
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Special Ed

That white b9 was a car i had bought for local air-ride technology owner because he wanted a modified car headers & all. That car was stolen at one time & is missing lots of its original parts & drivetrain & is driver quality condition. We paid 125 for it & he had it for sale at 160 with no buyers so he traded it to BJ for another car so it was a BJ co. car & bj has a used car showroom that they sell & trade cars around in phoenix area somewhere. So the new buyer paid 150 or so with all the juice & that $ stayed in the house the way i see it if its a company car. Just sayin but not sure it works that way.

Bill

Quote from: 427heaven on January 20, 2019, 07:34:07 AM
A white B9 sold for 147k... I would have been pissed if it was mine. :'(

Not if you bought it for $3,500 in the 70's
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0