News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Vapor lock

Started by charlie D, January 19, 2019, 08:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1967 eight barrel

Yes,Holley has those. They are about .200 thick. They'll stick out like a sore thumb. It's why I elected not to use them. I looked at them over at Summit.

-Keith

deathsled

Quote from: 69 GT350 Vert on January 20, 2019, 11:28:57 AM
Holley Sniper EFI system is the ultimate solution if you want to drive your car a lot in the summer heat.  It will cold start like your daily driver, no more flooding/fuel smell after hot shut off, and a perfect air/fuel ratio all of the time.  Plugs will never foul again. 

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_injection/sniper_efi/sniper_4bbl_tbi_kits/

I like the idea of an efi but if it requires drilling into the body that is a non starter for me.  Is there a way around drilling holes?
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

shelbydoug

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on January 27, 2019, 12:22:06 AM
Yes,Holley has those. They are about .200 thick. They'll stick out like a sore thumb. It's why I elected not to use them. I looked at them over at Summit.

-Keith

And a piece of orange plastic doesn't? The Holley gasket looks just like a thick carb gasket, which is what it is.
Anything that varies from original here is going to be noticed.

The real solution would be to have the throttle plate made of phenolic material like the Carter Thermoquads had.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

1967 eight barrel

The spacer is not orange on the sides, Just the gasket surfaces. The sides are milled and more of a light gray and tan color.
As for EFI, you would have to change the tank, run wiring for the injection harness through the firewall, modify the fuel lines. I am unwilling to start hacking a factory tach harness up.  Not particularly practical for dual quad applications if you're trying to do a stealth installation. The '67 Shelby just loses the "wow" factor when you remove the dual carbs. A good tuner can get just as much out of them as FI as well.  Finding a Holley Guru is getting more difficult all the time.

-Keith

shelbydoug

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on January 27, 2019, 05:22:26 PM
The spacer is not orange on the sides, Just the gasket surfaces. The sides are milled and more of a light gray and tan color.
As for EFI, you would have to change the tank, run wiring for the injection harness through the firewall, modify the fuel lines. I am unwilling to start hacking a factory tach harness up.  Not particularly practical for dual quad applications if you're trying to do a stealth installation. The '67 Shelby just loses the "wow" factor when you remove the dual carbs. A good tuner can get just as much out of them as FI as well.  Finding a Holley Guru is getting more difficult all the time.

-Keith

I vote black. Grey is a designer color.

67 GT500's need big ugly Holleys. Once you get over the leaks, the flooding, the paranoia, you'll love 'em. NOTHING is quite like a 2x4 set up. Just the sound of the WHOMP when the secondaries open is worth it.

I've got Webers on my Pantera but the 500 swindled me into another set of 2x4 Holley's on a Trans-Am manifold on my 68 GT350. I think I'm a sick puppy?  :(

As far as EFI, in the case of the Weber IDA's Borla actually makes one that looks exactly like the carbs. No one has done that yet with a Holley carb. Maybe some day?

They look just like Weber 48 IDA's right?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!