News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 photos from the web

Started by Richstang, January 19, 2019, 01:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

honker

Always pays to grab things and save them on the web as soon as you see them, you snooze, you loose !   :(

Thanks 67-1183 !

Richstang

Quote from: 67_1183 on February 07, 2019, 08:57:54 PM
Quote from: Richstang on February 07, 2019, 08:03:45 PM
NICE!!!
I looked on their website but nothing was listed for a description, just the photos to scroll through.
How did you find that info?

The first entry in my file is dated 6jul2014 and is as you describe, 19 photos and no text.

The second entry is dated 25oct 2014.  Same pictures but with text description added.

The links I saved appear to no longer be active.  Here is the added text from October 2014:

1967 Shelby GT500 Project Car

$79,900

Very Original Shelby Project Car, Just Out Of Long Term Ownership

For those of us whose dream cars come from yesterday, we can't just walk into a car dealership and buy one. Cars aren't built to last forever, but restoration can breathe new life into an older vehicle and make it look and run like new. This makes the car more valuable at a time of sale, guaranteeing its future collectible status. With a little time, money, and ambition, this Shelby GT500 is most certainly a worthwhile undertaking.

The Shelby offered here was purchased by its first owner Mr. Jon Moser on 8/29/67. It was delivered in the very popular Lime Gold with black interior. Also very nicely set up with the Kelsey Hayes Magstar wheels and inboard headlights. Inside, the interior is very complete, but is missing the factory radio. The Shelby specific 140 speed and 8k tach, door panels, seats, shelby steering wheel, factory roll bar with safety harnesses, shelby under dash gauges all are present. Upon on inspection one would see it retains the original factory applied paint in the door jambs, under hood and trunk. The undercarriage is very solid and original never having being undercoated. Looking closely one can see the factory paint markings, paint dabs as well as the factory primer dripping off the floors.

The car indicates that 49,113 miles have been traveled all during the very early years. The car would have an engine issue that would sideline it from further use. After the engine failure the car was put away until being sold in 1972 to a young man with big dreams of repairing the car and breathing new life back in it. He had only enough for a downpayment and would take a loan out for the balance that was co signed by his mother. As a welder by trade, with every paycheck he would make his payments until he repaid the loan in full. He would always take good care of his Shelby and keep it stored properly with the intention of restoring it to its former glory one day. The years went by, then marriage and the addition of kids would occupy his full focus. Always with the best intentions of getting to his Shelby one day. Finally the day came when the realization occurred that he would not be able to get to complete his car as he always hoped he would. He made a call to LMC to ask if we had any interest in purchasing his car and of course we did. A deal was completed and the car was loaded on a truck heading to LMC.

To the untrained eye, this vehicle by traditional standards would not be considered. However astute collector would know the potential of this limited production and very collectible Shelby GT500. In summary, this Shelby has a second chance on life, and it is up to the new caretaker to take the Shelby through onto the next chapter.

Engine pic.

Jeff, "67/1183",
That's fantastic you saved the ad text!!!! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Mike "honker",
You thanked the wrong person.

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

honker

67_1183  thanks for  saving the text from that ad, Rich I misread the posts first time.... ::) corrected

Mike

roddster

Cheez Whiz yellow.  Cool.....
  Text sure doesn't say when the yellow went on.

honker

Here's a couple more shots of the Yowell '67 I found.

honker

I don't know what year this ad appeared for this '67GT500 with inboards, modified 427, and Cragars, probably in period judging by the description ! It's from Sinclair Pontiac/Buick in London, Ontario here in Canada.

Take off in this high performance sports car, Psychedelic red & orange WOW   ::) the crowd will go wild ! Wonder where it is today ?

Mike

shelbydoug

I can't read the text? Was it used or new? Strange a Pontiac dealer would sell a new Shelby? Price would suggest it's new?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

honker

shelbydoug, sorry 'bout the poor quality of that ad, internet find. Here's what the text sez

1967 Shelby GT '500'
Take off in this high performance sports car that
features a modified 427 V-8, 455 h.p 4 speed trans-
mission, Detroit locker rear axle, Cragar mags,
red band wide oval tires, fold down rear
seat, power steering and power disc brakes. The
finish ?......psychedelic red
and orange. Wow ! The crowd       $4500
will go wild ! Interested ? Bet-
ter come in soon. Licence L34-309

Gosh I bet those redline tires would really "pop" with the "psychedelic "red and orange paint....
;D

Bigfoot

Too bad we don't have a color photo of that one. Or maybe the color is green and the people who painted it were color blind?
:o
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bigfoot on February 09, 2019, 01:00:05 PM
Too bad we don't have a color photo of that one. Or maybe the color is green and the people who painted it were color blind?

Maybe they were just wasted? Oh wow man! :o
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Quote from: shelbydoug on February 09, 2019, 04:09:17 PM
Quote from: Bigfoot on February 09, 2019, 01:00:05 PM

Maybe they were just wasted? Oh wow man! :o
.     Pretty sure most people were back then....plus the paint fumes =BAD TRIP!!!

honker

Project  ? There was no information just the pic posted.

honker

Another E-bay find, '67 GT500 ? with different driving lights, there was no info on where this was, I can't make out the plate. other than a date '68.

But wait, there's more, just found a better and clearer image in my files, Michigan tags !