News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Vintage Car Sunday at Trancas Shopping Center in Malibu

Started by werthie, February 01, 2018, 10:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

werthie

we're going to have around 5 Shelbys (so far) there on Sunday . . .   this Cars & Coffee is the best in So Cal (or maybe anywhere) . . . follow this link for photos of prior events . . . these take place on the first Sunday of every month.
https://ted7.smugmug.com/Car-Events/Vintage-Car-Sunday-Malibu 
alan
6S929

sd427

I was there with the dark blue CSX 4000.  Huge turnout of cars, enjoyed the show.

gjz30075

Not a one vintage Shelby in Ted7's pics.    Need to assign a SoCal guy to take some pics at this event :)
Greg Z
6S2249

werthie

hey greg . . .  the February pictures from yesterday aren't posted yet . . .  wait a week or so. 

there was an original 427 Cobra (for sale), two '65 Shelbys and one '66 . . .  and at least one later Shelby (a red '68 GT500, i believe). and a bunch of Cobra replicas. not to mention Ferraris, Maseratis, Porsches, Maclarens, etc etc.   

it was quite a show . . .  both lots were filled by 7am . . .  crazy.

alan

sd427

The original 427 for sale is CSX3239, one of the cars that didn't reach the reserve price at the recent Barrett Jackson.

werthie

that's andy cohen's car (former owner of Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories) . . .  how high was the bid?  any idea about the reserve? 

alan

sd427

High bid of 1 million, but when there is a reserve, there can be phantom bids by the auction house.

werthie

Steve Beck (5S248) and I (6S929) will be there early!

btw, here's a YouTube video produced by Hagerty of Steve taking his Shelby around Willow Springs.

https://youtu.be/plxGEAQAcHE

alan

sfm5s081

Wow! I didn't recognize Steve's car without the rainbow sticker on the back. Then again steve is always behind me in car #81. I most likely will be too exhausted from the Ferrari club run and then too hung over on Sun morning. Not too worry, my brother will be there with you guys at the crack of dawn. Maybe hell take the newest addition- 67 Gt500 aka "grandmas station wagon" 

werthie

THIS WILL BE THE LAST CARS & COFFEE AT TRANCAS.

The Malibu police were getting complaints, so after this Sunday, no more Vintage Car Sunday at the Trancas Shopping Center (or, I'm told, anywhere else in Malibu). 
If you ever thought about visiting this early morning mecca of classic vehicles, now's the time.

alan

rjcassling

Quote from: werthie on March 02, 2018, 06:15:52 PM
THIS WILL BE THE LAST CARS & COFFEE AT TRANCAS.

The Malibu police were getting complaints, so after this Sunday, no more Vintage Car Sunday at the Trancas Shopping Center (or, I'm told, anywhere else in Malibu). 
If you ever thought about visiting this early morning mecca of classic vehicles, now's the time.

alan

What time do you recommend to arrive, since it is the last one?

So Zuma beach is nearby...Technically in the city of Malibu I believe but it is a STATE beach parking lot,not private property,so........
Only fly in the ointment is there Would be parking fees for sure...Food for thought if the gendarmes of Malibu want to be dicks....... 8) 8) 8)

6s174

What if I just show up on a Sunday morning for a cup of coffee in an old car?  Will I get ticketed?