News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

We are LIVE on the new server

Started by computerworks, April 08, 2024, 01:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnston

Take a well deserved bow for an excellent result to a chalenging job.  Thank you for the updated version that did not lose any past discussions.   8)

s2ms

Looks great Ron, thanks for all your hard work!

I do have one question....is there an option to display the "Recent Posts" as "Recent Topics"? IIRC the previous forum version was like that, looked but couldn't find anything for this update. I find with "Recent Posts" the list gets too cluttered with new posts to the same topic.
Dave - 6S1757

shelbydoug

Quote from: s2ms on April 12, 2024, 07:57:28 PMLooks great Ron, thanks for all your hard work!

I do have one question....is there an option to display the "Recent Posts" as "Recent Topics"? IIRC the previous forum version was like that, looked but couldn't find anything for this update. I find with "Recent Posts" the list gets too cluttered with new posts to the same topic.

I agree. Go back to the previous system if possible.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbymann1970

Quote from: shelbydoug on April 13, 2024, 08:41:35 AM
Quote from: s2ms on April 12, 2024, 07:57:28 PMLooks great Ron, thanks for all your hard work!

I agree. Go back to the previous system if possible.
This system and format(multiple recent posts on same topic) makes me think I'm on the 428CJ forum.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

KR Convertible

Would it be possible to add a box to check next to the unread posts, and rather than "mark all posts as read", it could be "mark selected items as read", or just a picture of a toilet handle.

It seems that if a post isn't read within a certain period of time, it moves to another page and you have to read everything and then click "show all unread topics" to view them.  But if you click mark all as read, it marks the ones not shown as read too.

I know we can set a block for a selected user, but on very rare occasions there is something interesting posted.