News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

NEW Server

Started by computerworks, February 02, 2018, 08:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

computerworks

Thanks to all for tolerating the frequent slowness of the current Forum...

We have purchased a new server and a new data pipe....things will improve when we bring it online.

We have done a test run of the transfer and it went well....

Over the next 48 hours, we will shut the Forum down for hopefully just a short span... to migrate the SAACForum to the new server.
We will try and do this during the overnight to minimize down time.

You will see a Maintenance message while the transfer is in progress...and log ins will be shut off.  The final step will be pointing the domain to the new server.. and normal operation will resume after that

Ron
Computerworks

FL SAAC

you da man !

gracias senor
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

SHELB66

Thanks Ron!  I've always said a little patience goes a long ways.  We ALL appreciate the efforts of everyone involved with the task of FORUM repair & maintenance.

Craig R
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

csheff

yes thanks Ron for all your time working on this.

terlingua11

Yes, Thank you. The elephant in the room question..... does the new server have a back up? Not intended to be snarky in any way, just thought I would ask and see if there was something in place going forward with all the new information that will be added. I'm sure everyone would like to know.
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

Doug C

Thanks and much appreciated - Doug

kjspeed

Today is the first day that I've experienced a significant improvement in the site's performance and it's been great! Thank you to all who are working to get this site running well again - it is much appreciated!
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

NC TRACKRAT

Fantastic!  Best news ever!  Many thanks!
5S071, 6S1467

Shelby_r_b

Outstanding!  And, thanks for the heads up as well.  The last shutdown came as a surprise to some of us...and by that, I'm referring to myself.

Thanks!
Nothing beats a classic!

JD

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on February 02, 2018, 01:59:42 PM
Outstanding!  And, thanks for the heads up as well.  The last shutdown came as a surprise to some of us...and by that, I'm referring to myself.
Thanks!

Quote from: csheff on February 02, 2018, 10:37:47 AM
yes thanks Ron for all your time working on this.

THANK YOU & THE CREW!!
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Wedgeman

CSX 4133

The work to resolve the site's issues is much appreciated.    :)

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

GT350Lad

6S373
6S1276

Cobra Ned

Thanks for the updates. I am guessing that given the new site, all prior posts are now history and gone?