News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

6S961 on Ebay

Started by silverton_ford, January 23, 2019, 10:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

QuickSilverShelby

They say they want to sell the car and handle the restoration in their shop.  What shop is this and are they knowledgeable in Shelby restorations?

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

capecodmustang.com

They're in Nebraska...
I recently sold them a GT 500 Convertible project and they restored it for a buyer...

It came out great...

silverton_ford

Quote from: QuickSilverShelby on January 23, 2019, 11:24:46 AM
They say they want to sell the car and handle the restoration in their shop.  What shop is this and are they knowledgeable in Shelby restorations?

QSS

http://cccmotors.com/Home.html

tesgt350

Quote from: capecodmustang.com on January 23, 2019, 11:40:30 AM
They're in Nebraska...
I recently sold them a GT 500 Convertible project and they restored it for a buyer...

It came out great...

Came out great, ok but was it correct?  If you go thru the Posts on some of the Cars up for sale, people here will pick it apart, Wrong Wing Nut, Wrong Fastener, Wrong Carb, Wrong Filter, etc, etc, etc.  PLUS, $99K for a Car that's needs a LOT of work is a bit much.

capecodmustang.com

Matching number running and driving 66 GT 350 for 99K....

How much do you think it's worth?
And is there another 66 for under 100K that's a better deal today?

tesgt350

Quote from: capecodmustang.com on January 23, 2019, 01:21:28 PM
Matching number running and driving 66 GT 350 for 99K....

How much do you think it's worth?
And is there another 66 for under 100K that's a better deal today?

$75K / $80K Tops.  It's a 66, Needs a TON of work. 

capecodmustang.com

Not sure if we can find matching number 66 GT 350's running and driving in the 70's...

I'm probably wrong...

camp upshur

"$75K / $80K Tops.  It's a 66, Needs a TON of work."
[/quote]

--??--
Would you have any comparable sales to base that upon?

Greg

I personally think the car at $99K is a steal.  All Shelbys are moving up and someone better jump on this one if they want a numbers matching one.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

jk66gt350

Could be a great deal, but many more detailed pictures or an inspection are likely required before concluding that.  Looks like a decent car but there is a lot I can't see in those few pictures. 

hertzdonut

There was the $80,000 car on ebay last week,

1967 eight barrel

100K and 100+ for a decent restoration? That would move it out of market value.

NC TRACKRAT

I think many on the Forum will recall around 25-20 years ago that a decent, restorable '66 was $30-$35K and it took another $30-$35K to do a respectable restoration.  Fast forward and a decent, restorable car is $100K.  Important to remember the effect of inflation and that these cars will always be collectible.
5S071, 6S1467

1967 eight barrel

A good paint job on a car with good sheet metal and completely disassembled is 20K these days. That isn't a 225K car restored. The market is fluid too, as we have seen for years. 

-Keith