News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

6S961 on Ebay

Started by silverton_ford, January 23, 2019, 10:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I like it.Get it right mechanically and drive it...I would like to see more photos though...

6s1640

Quote from: 557 on January 23, 2019, 06:43:39 PM
I like it.Get it right mechanically and drive it...I would like to see more photos though...

+1

Get it back to period with the assembly line date coded parts, i.e. 3259 Holley or Autolite ZFF.   Detail the engine compartment, i.e.  paint that radiator.   Make it mechanically sound and drive it as is.  Have fun with it.

Cory

P.S.  Can some post a few images before the auction disappears?  I can't do from work.  Thanks

silverton_ford

Quote from: 6s1640 on January 23, 2019, 07:22:04 PM
Quote from: 557 on January 23, 2019, 06:43:39 PM

P.S.  Can some post a few images before the auction disappears?  I can't do from work.  Thanks

I edited the first post with pictures.   Thank you for the reminder.

SHELB66

I don't see mention of the serial number but it's claimed to be a Hertz car with candy apple red paint at one time.  Those non-black Hertz cars are certainly relatively rare not to mention how nice they look, especially in red with the gold accents.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

silverton_ford

Quote from: SHELB66 on January 23, 2019, 11:30:31 PM
I don't see mention of the serial number but it's claimed to be a Hertz car with candy apple red paint at one time.  Those non-black Hertz cars are certainly relatively rare not to mention how nice they look, especially in red with the gold accents.

Craig R.

I saw this car on Facebook back in November for sale at $115k.   I messaged the owner and he told me it is 6S961.   The ebay ad doesn't share the VIN, but that is what I was told.

SHELB66

I thought I saw the number somewhere.  Check the subject title, Craig!  Then this car appears to be one of the original red Hertz cars.  Sweet!

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

GT350AUS

Quote from: SHELB66 on January 23, 2019, 11:30:31 PM

Craig R.

I agree we see plenty of standard black and gold hertz but what makes the value increase is rarity.......Green, Blue, Red and White......they're all great but please drive them.....that's what why they were made and why we like them....ps mine is white and gold

tesgt350

Quote from: capecodmustang.com on January 23, 2019, 01:59:40 PM
Not sure if we can find matching number 66 GT 350's running and driving in the 70's...

I'm probably wrong...

Running and Driving does not mean Road worthy and Safe.

camp upshur

I've street driven my 1965 GT-350 for almost 45 years.
I'm really not sure what is more unsafe about it:
-one of the Kelsey Hayes pistons silently hanging up and degrading my brakes without notice;
-being rear-ended and immolation from cascading fuel in the cabin;
-perhaps being speared from the steering column in a front-ender;
etc etc etc
just about unanswerable, heck our bubbas 'in country' aren't even safe in MRAPS!

J_Speegle

Quote from: GT350AUS on January 24, 2019, 04:31:04 AM
I agree we see plenty of standard black and gold hertz but what makes the value increase is rarity.........

IMHO don't agree - its all about demand. People use rarity sometimes to justify a higher price or value.   We  see examples of this all the time where rarity does not equal more value even in the Shelby world.. Just an opinion :)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

tesgt350

Quote from: J_Speegle on January 24, 2019, 03:10:09 PM
Quote from: GT350AUS on January 24, 2019, 04:31:04 AM
I agree we see plenty of standard black and gold hertz but what makes the value increase is rarity.........

IMHO don't agree - its all about demand. People use rarity sometimes to justify a higher price or value.   We  see examples of this all the time where rarity does not equal more value even in the Shelby world.. Just an opinion :)

I agree, even when people build Clones, they build the Black / Gold and not the other Colors.

6s1640

Looks like it still has the FoMoCo Gabriel shocks.  The top round plates can be seen under the shock tower brackets. Those are rare.  ;)

Nice

Cory

s2ms

At least as early as 1972 the original spare 10-spoke from my 66 had the exact same tire on it.
Dave - 6S1757

6s1640

Quote from: s2ms on January 24, 2019, 07:41:16 PM
At least as early as 1972 the original spare 10-spoke from my 66 had the exact same tire on it.

Hi Dave,

Do you mean the Goodyear Red Line D70-14.  Was that still a bias ply?

Nice

Cory

s2ms

Hi Cory,

Yep, Goodyear Speedway D70-14. Near as I can tell the tire has a 1967 date code.

Dave
Dave - 6S1757