News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

6S961 on Ebay

Started by silverton_ford, January 23, 2019, 10:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

66TotalPerf

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on January 23, 2019, 04:41:46 PM
100K and 100+ for a decent restoration? That would move it out of market value.

Maybe not. Hagarty tracks classic car sales, including many through auctions which isn't always realistic of the entire market, but they're pricing '66 GT350s in concours condition at $258k!! Carryovers demand a 35% premium over regular '66 values.

https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1966-Shelby-GT350

Here's their pricing theory:
https://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools/About-our-prices

Edit: noticed this car is a Hertz and Hagerty values these slightly lower than regular '66s but they're still at $238k.

Brent
-Brent
'66 GT350 Tribute, '66 F100 4x4

1967 eight barrel

Haggerty also tends to be over market average value.
                                                                          -Keith

shelbydoug

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on January 25, 2019, 09:51:38 PM
Haggerty also tends to be over market average value.
                                                                          -Keith

As explained to me, Hagerty doesn't establish the cars value themselves. They use independent firms to do that.

There is no point to over value a car that you insure.

When I stated the value I wanted, their reaction was that they thought I was under insuring it by $30,000.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

^^^ Doesn't a higher value need a higher premium?

shelbydoug

Quote from: 2112 on January 26, 2019, 12:12:11 PM

Sure but do you think a total loss is going to be made up for by a couple of hundred extra premium?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Quote from: shelbydoug on January 26, 2019, 12:44:24 PM

Sure but do you think a total loss is going to be made up for by a couple of hundred extra premium?

It might if it is an agreed value policy.

TOBKOB

QuoteWhen I stated the value I wanted, their reaction was that they thought I was under insuring it by $30,000.

Personally I think that they feel like it is a pretty safe bet on these cars since most are babied, well taken care of and stored in fairly secure quarters. You seldom hear of an accident or claim made on collector cars compared to everyday drivers. Just my humble opinion  :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

deathsled

Quote from: tesgt350 on January 24, 2019, 03:41:46 PM
Quote from: J_Speegle on January 24, 2019, 03:10:09 PM
Quote from: GT350AUS on January 24, 2019, 04:31:04 AM
I agree we see plenty of standard black and gold hertz but what makes the value increase is rarity.........

IMHO don't agree - its all about demand. People use rarity sometimes to justify a higher price or value.   We  see examples of this all the time where rarity does not equal more value even in the Shelby world.. Just an opinion :)

I agree, even when people build Clones, they build the Black / Gold and not the other Colors.

Many on the periphery of the hobby don't know about the other colors and question the authenticity of my red/ gold Hertz.  They think I made it up. I shrug and let them walk away. 

Addendum:  As far as value goes, I could care less if 843 dropped to $5,000.00 or, in fact, became worthless.  I am in love with my car.  I could not imagine parting with her even if the value dropped like a stone.  I would stand idly by and watch the crash, hanging on to her like a pit bull.  My father helped me get this car.  It is a link I will always have with my father.  (He's still here and angry at 90 soon to be 91 full of vinegar and clear as a church bell incidentally).  I have a misty eyed and traumatic bond with 843 after all I've been through in my personal life and she stayed true.  Damned I love that car!

Richard E.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Wedgeman

Richard, I felt the same way when I got my first Shelby..66 Hertz # 531..White/Gold....stay the course !.. 8)

1967 eight barrel

BINGO!  Haggerty which I also use and my home owners was exaggerated by about 25-35%. Pay out is relatively rare in our cases.  So risk is low for higher premiums.
How many carry over cars have you seen in the 350K area?