Author Topic: Seat Upholstery  (Read 4276 times)

cascade-classics

• View Profile
Seat Upholstery
« on: January 23, 2019, 11:53:05 AM »
What is the consensus for the supplier that has the best 67 Deluxe seat upholstery?   I know some use a comfortweave material that does not match the originals.  Thanks.

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Re: Seat Upholstery
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 12:09:28 PM »
I dont think there are any pre-made covers that use the correct comfortweave. You will have to source the material and have covers made for the correct look
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 12:29:17 PM by Coralsnake »

EdwardGT350

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 01:13:04 PM »
can someone post pix of current tmi comfort weave vs original?
1966 GT350 6s1761

tonys_shelby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 02:52:42 PM »
I just had my seats done recently and to the correct comfort weave they had to be custom made.  They are parchment so I wanted to make sure to have the correct color, printing on the vinyl and comfort weave.  He said the material was from the original supplier not sure how correct that is but they turned out great except for the piping in the center needed to be a little smaller as was the oem but I didn't want to have him redo it.  The company was Futureline in Exton Pa 610 363 7977.

tonys_shelby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 03:02:21 PM »
Here is a picture of the seats (i hope )

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 03:32:26 PM »
The color looks off.  I can't see the weave texture. 

-Keith

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 03:34:32 PM »
   P.S. Be sure to replace the foam cores when you do the seats. It makes a HUGE difference in how the seats look when the are covered. A picture of my interior. 

-Keith

tonys_shelby

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 03:42:55 PM »
Keith,  Do you have the "marble" printing that was on the vinyl like the factory?

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 03:53:52 PM »
No, because my vehicle isn't parchment, It's white. However, that pattern seems very pronounced to me.

-Keith

tonys_shelby

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 03:58:07 PM »
Got it,  I was wow, that's a lot lighter than mine.  I still wonder if mine's still a little dark but it's lighter than the picture portrays.  Parchment Ugg.

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 04:01:55 PM »
I have an early car. I went crazy trying to figure it out. Turns out to be '66 white. It didn't have comfort weave. As for Parchment, I don't think we've found anyone with the exact match color wise.  Not one manufacturer makes all the parchment parts, so you wind up with a collage if you don't dye/paint parts.

-Keith

tonys_shelby

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 04:08:36 PM »
That's so right on.  I'm painting and dying everything to match the upholstery.  The only thing that will still me a little off will be the headliner but I found one that is pretty close, but I might even have it custom made if I don't like how it matches up to the pillar pads.

JWH

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2019, 09:13:05 PM »
Tony, you can dye the headliner as well. I did mine with SEM and it truly looks like it was manufactured the color I dyed it.
Jeff

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2019, 10:45:30 PM »
Keith, is your material from TMI?

Did you do your own unpholstery too?

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2019, 11:15:07 PM »
Most of the repops are off (black ones look grayish)..Best is for a good upholstery guy build you covers from scratch with the reproduction comfortweave material that you buy by the yard..This will look the closest however I believe this material actually has the pattern stamped not woven like the original..I am pretty sure that if you want it perfect you need to find original covers.That could be tough....