News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Four Post Lifts

Started by BGlover67, January 24, 2019, 03:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a four post lift for my house.  I have to admit my head is swimming with all the different brands and how they bad mouth each other.   :o

What brand do you have, and do you like it?

I was leaning towards a Bendpak, but who knows?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

KR Convertible

Brian,

I love my Bendpak 2 post.  Never tried their 4 post

hertzdonut

I have a Backyard Buddy and love it. Even put it together with help and an engine hoist.
Terry

KDunne

I have a Backyard buddy as well.  It has a jacking platform as well as a BendPak rolling bridge jack.  Its a nice lift....does the job, have had it for 10 years, with no issues.

CSX 4133

I have the Stinger ET lift, quality and pricing is very good. Made in the U.S. with plenty of extras available. Brian with whatever lift you go with consider getting the caster kit. It enables the lift to be moved should you decide to relocate it.

http://www.stingerlifts.com/residential-lifts.html

hertzdonut

Definitely get the casters. BB also American made. I picked mine up in Ohio with my trailer.
They are good guys. Very helpful.
Terry

Side-Oilers

After a lot of consideration and measuring of my 10' ceiling height, I decided on a Autostacker.  Two of them, actually.

It's a scissors type life, made by Bendpak. 

Takes up less overall space, due to no posts.

I ordered the removable panel (a section of diamond plate) so I can work from underneath.

Very nice quality unit, operates smoothly.  Is designed to store a car for long periods of time.

I had it professionally installed, as it is heavy.

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

KerryBWhite

Has anyone bought or had any experience with a Advantage Lift?

https://www.advantagelifts.com/

TOBKOB

QuoteHas anyone bought or had any experience with a Advantage Lift?

I have an Advantage 9000 XLT 4 post lift and I love it. I measured my F250 to make sure it would fit and I also ordered the XLT which has 7' clearance under the tracks so I wouldn't bump into them. I checked several brands before buying and the Advantage lift is built a lot heavier than most of the others I looked at.

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Side-Oilers on January 24, 2019, 07:12:27 PM
After a lot of consideration and measuring of my 10' ceiling height, I decided on a Autostacker.  Two of them, actually.

I ordered the removable panel (a section of diamond plate) so I can work from underneath.

Very nice quality unit, operates smoothly.  Is designed to store a car for long periods of time.

Have you considered flush mount jack-shaft garage openers?  Would remove all the stuff from the ceiling.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

roddster

Lifts:  Two post lifts often lift the body, so the wheels hang free.  The four post lifts are drive-on types, so, if you want to work on the brakes or suspension, you buy the additional mechanism(s) to lift the car up.  Then you can remove the wheels. 
  Either way, if you have a lift, all the better.
Name brand, made in the USA is better.

Side-Oilers

Quote from: CharlesTurner on January 25, 2019, 09:31:15 AM
Quote from: Side-Oilers on January 24, 2019, 07:12:27 PM

Have you considered flush mount jack-shaft garage openers?  Would remove all the stuff from the ceiling.

Yes, thanks, and I had those installed about 2 weeks after the lifts went in. Gave me almost another foot of vertical clearance.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Rex

Quote from: TOBKOB on January 24, 2019, 07:30:05 PM
QuoteHas anyone bought or had any experience with a Advantage Lift?

I have an Advantage 9000 XLT 4 post lift and I love it. I measured my F250 to make sure it would fit and I also ordered the XLT which has 7' clearance under the tracks so I wouldn't bump into them. I checked several brands before buying and the Advantage lift is built a lot heavier than most of the others I looked at.

TOB

I also bought the Advantage 9000 XLT and I love it as well. Saw it at Mecum a couple of years ago and kept the guys card. Pulled the trigger summer of 2018.