Author Topic: Rolex 24 now playing  (Read 5910 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rolex 24 now playing
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2019, 09:27:20 PM »
Well that's a wrap.  Third place.  Don't know why I get so invested in these races.  I don't even own a Ford GT.  But I still want it to win.

The IMSA/Weathertech website is showing the result 4th in class, 13th OA for the no67 Briscoe, Dixon, Westbrook Ford GT.

Other sites (sportingnews & racingnews) show 3rd class / 12th OA.

There is some confusion with one of the Porsche's No912 getting flip flopped around with the No67 Ford GT.
I didn't watch the podium awards, so did the Ford crew make it up there for third in class?

Unclear if they were up on the podium.  I watched through in car camera of 66 Ford GT with the imsa radio blasting in the background.  I tuned out after they called the race on a red flag.  Ford will be back to kick all forms of ass don't worry.  LeMans anyone?
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2019, 11:31:51 PM »
Well that's a wrap.  Third place.  Don't know why I get so invested in these races.  I don't even own a Ford GT.  But I still want it to win.

The IMSA/Weathertech website is showing the result 4th in class, 13th OA for the no67 Briscoe, Dixon, Westbrook Ford GT.

Other sites (sportingnews & racingnews) show 3rd class / 12th OA.

There is some confusion with one of the Porsche's No912 getting flip flopped around with the No67 Ford GT.
I didn't watch the podium awards, so did the Ford crew make it up there for third in class?

Unclear if they were up on the podium.  I watched through in car camera of 66 Ford GT with the imsa radio blasting in the background.  I tuned out after they called the race on a red flag.  Ford will be back to kick all forms of ass don't worry.  LeMans anyone?

Did anyone catch the trophy / podium award. I tuned out before that too.

Let's hope they return to the top even with the next race, the Sebring 12hr in March!
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

6R07mi

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2019, 12:33:59 PM »
I read a summary last nite they added a penalty on the 67 car for pitting for gas when the pit was closed then the red flag came out,
so I assumed the penalty was what flipped the podium places??

jim p
Former owner 6S283, 70 "Boss351", 66 GT 6F07, 67 FB GT
current: 66 GT former day 2 track car 6R07
20+ yrs Ford Parts Mgr, now Meritor Defense

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2019, 02:04:01 PM »

The added weight to the GT's was the biggest factor in Ford's finish position, aside from a few strategy issues. I assume the BOP added weight was to appease the bowtie and prancing pony crowd.   >:(

Tom Honegger

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2019, 03:18:19 PM »
The timing of the red flag was what did them in. They had a good lead, but ran low on fuel.
They had to pit or run out, and pits were closed, thus the penalty. Like a lot of things,
timing is everything!

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2019, 03:52:11 PM »
No67 was down a few laps early on Saturday. It's amazing they could come back to lead and be in contention for the win.
No66 was leading when it was taken out by the sliding Porsche.

Bad luck for both cars at Daytona considering last years' 1 -2 finish.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar