Author Topic: 1967 Mustang Non-Tilt Emergency Flasher Knob  (Read 1467 times)

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
1967 Mustang Non-Tilt Emergency Flasher Knob
« on: January 28, 2019, 09:05:45 PM »
Seemingly small ask compared to my last posting  ;).

I'm looking for a show quality or NOS 1967 Mustang non-tilt emergency flasher knob.  I've gone through a ton of Scott Drake versions, and they ALL have stripped out on the threaded piece.

Please let me know - thanks!

Ruben
rbonales@yahoo.com
Nothing beats a classic!

1967 eight barrel

Re: 1967 Mustang Non-Tilt Emergency Flasher Knob
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 11:52:36 PM »
When you refer to " Threaded piece" are you talking about the actual turn signal switch that it threads into? If so, you'll have to replace the turn signal switch or thread it in with an adhesive on the threads of the knob.  The factory knob is going do the same thing if the switch is loose.
                                                                                      -Keith

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 12:25:14 AM »
When you refer to " Threaded piece" are you talking about the actual turn signal switch that it threads into? If so, you'll have to replace the turn signal switch or thread it in with an adhesive on the threads of the knob.  The factory knob is going do the same thing if the switch is loose.
                                                                                      -Keith

Hey Keith,

The issue is the metal threaded piece breaking lose inside the knob when trying to screw the flasher knob into the turn signal switch.  The turn signal switch itself is fine. It seems the repop knobs aren’t as good at holding the threaded metal piece.

I hope that makes sense. Thanks!
Nothing beats a classic!

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 02:56:12 AM »
That makes perfect sense!  I had an NOS Ford T/S switch. The nylon was very hard to thread into. I also used the Drake knob. If memory serves me correctly I lubricated the screw threads.

-Keith

JessC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 05:20:04 PM »
West Coast Cougars has  some of Swing Away parts, I picked up my E-Flasher knob from them.
Jess