Author Topic: 5S089 for sale details... I don't get it  (Read 7671 times)

stephen_becker

• View Profile
Re: 5S089 for sale details... I don't get it
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2019, 04:26:41 PM »
Wow, Stephen care to commit?

Already did

Thank you

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2019, 05:14:10 PM »
i understand, your are saying the Registry is incorrect? That’s entirely possible.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 05:21:58 PM by Coralsnake »

camp upshur

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2019, 05:56:08 PM »

The 1965 GT-350 Registry is good reading and well intentioned, but, as seen here, can hardly be used to determine the bona fides of a car.
Most of my cars info is from an index card I filled out at Pacific Stereo Anaheim at a COCOA meeting for the very first registry 1975-1976??
Since then it has been amended. By whom I don't know as the car has always been in my possession.
It is interesting unattributed anecdotal submissions which could be helpful or misleading.
So many untouched pristine 1965's have shown up over the past 10 years, and so much great minutiae is continually being fleshed out by owners, restorers, archivists and boosters that today's fleet of 1965 GT-350s bears little resemblance to the fleet of the 1970s when many of these cars were competitive at the amateur level.
This is news?

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2019, 06:03:27 PM »
I agree. Compiling the Registry is an arduous task. It should be used only as a guide. The Registrar can weigh in if the buyer or seller needs that.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2019, 06:49:41 PM »
Shock towers removed is in direct contrast to the claims made by the seller. Thats not my opinion, that is a fact

No, it is not a fact at all. Hearsay gets a lot of people in allot of trouble...........

Stephen Becker
Hearsay: An out of court statement offered to prove the truth of the matter for which it asserts.  Inadmissible! With several exceptions such as 1. Admission by a party opponent; 2. declaration against interest; 3. excited utterance and so on.  Any time a witness says "He said" or "She said" you must object.  That rule was drilled into me in 1987.  Ah yes, the three year reign of terror that was law school...

Richard E.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2019, 07:02:57 PM »
So the advertising is accurate? This car was always box stock original?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

SFM5S000

• SAAC Member
  • California Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2019, 08:13:35 PM »

Nope, I have printed photos of 5S089 I took when it was in R model trim at sear point circa 2002ish. I'll have to dig them up.

~E
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 08:16:18 PM by SFM5S000 »

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2019, 08:28:32 PM »
Shock towers removed is in direct contrast to the claims made by the seller. Thats not my opinion, that is a fact

No, it is not a fact at all. Hearsay gets a lot of people in allot of trouble...........

Stephen Becker
Hearsay: An out of court statement offered to prove the truth of the matter for which it asserts.  Inadmissible! With several exceptions such as 1. Admission by a party opponent; 2. declaration against interest; 3. excited utterance and so on.  Any time a witness says "He said" or "She said" you must object.  That rule was drilled into me in 1987.  Ah yes, the three year reign of terror that was law school...

Richard E.

Richard, has Stephen offered to hire you yet?  Just kidding...
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2019, 08:45:09 PM »
$600 in 1974 to $500K in 2019! Who'da thunk?  ::)
5S071, 6S1467

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2019, 08:47:57 PM »
I'll do my best to help him find a good lawyer.  I'll see if I know anyone. Lol!  Mind you,I did defeat a motion for summary judgment last week on a slip and fall case 12 inches from a downspout that created an unnatural accumulation of ice that fanned out like a baseball diamond.  How the defense thought that there was no genuine issue of a material fact is beyond me.  But then again they bill by the hour and the insurance company was the one that paid for it.  Okay, sorry for the diversion.  Back on to that Shelby!  I would analogize to soldiers who come home from war missing a limb and have an orthopedic replacement.  They are no less the man than when they left for war.  They are that same man.  Ergo, a Shelby that was brought back to original is the same Shelby despite changes made over the years.  The soul is the same.  Buy what appeals to your inner voice.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2019, 09:01:35 PM »
  I would analogize to soldiers who come home from war missing a limb and have an orthopedic replacement.  They are no less the man than when they left for war.  They are that same man.  Ergo, a Shelby that was brought back to original is the same Shelby despite changes made over the years.  The soul is the same.  Buy what appeals to your inner voice.

I like that........a lot.    8)

stephen_becker

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2019, 09:47:05 PM »

Nope, I have printed photos of 5S089 I took when it was in R model trim at sear point circa 2002ish. I'll have to dig them up.

~E

That would be great! I would be happy to, once verified as this car, share them with the current owner/seller and with anyone that is interested in buying the car.
SGB

66TotalPerf

• SAAC Member
  • 66 GT350 Tribute
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2019, 09:29:45 AM »
Even if the front shock towers weren't cut out, the ad still doesn't address that the car was a competition model for years. Were the fender wheel-well openings cut out, was a roll bar welded in, were additional holes drilled for the electric fuel pumps, etc. The ad is misleading with its claim of being "always a well-kept, unmodified car" but spending a decade plus as a modified r-model.
-Brent
'66 GT350 Tribute, '66 F100 4x4

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2019, 10:15:39 AM »
Even if the front shock towers weren't cut out, the ad still doesn't address that the car was a competition model for years. Were the fender wheel-well openings cut out, was a roll bar welded in, were additional holes drilled for the electric fuel pumps, etc. The ad is misleading with its claim of being "always a well-kept, unmodified car" but spending a decade plus as a modified r-model.

Ya
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

stephen_becker

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2019, 05:01:48 PM »

There is absolutely nothing purposly misleading about the ad. I went back and re-reviewed what you were alluding to (The ad is misleading with its claim of being "always a well-kept, unmodified car" but spending a decade plus as a modified r-model.) & made changes and clarifications as was relevant & necessary. Neither I nor the current owner/seller has/had any knowledge of former race history, etc. The car is 55 years old and has had more than one owner so as more history on the car comes to light, good/bad/indifferent I will be updating the text accordingly.

Stephen