Author Topic: GAA Classic Car Auction  (Read 4436 times)

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: GAA Classic Car Auction
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2019, 04:32:07 AM »
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jetīs and some nice Mustang Fastbackīs 67/68

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 08:41:00 AM »
Yes the car had an interesting life and was beautiful back in the day when it was modded. Sadly it may have had a hard life thereafter. Hope the work, if any,was good. I think a good PPI would be indeed a must for anyone interested unless a buyer knows what they are looking at. Please remember that my recollection is from memory and I have like others have seen so many cars over the years. I did find some pictures of it and I am going to see if I have others somewhere. Last time I saw it was maybe in the early 90’s.

Ok here is my disclaimer for both of my posts. My comments are purely from memory which are about 30 years ago may or may not be accurate.
RARE  Signature Delete

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 10:04:13 AM »
I plan to be in attendance along with a few other members of SAAC.  PM me if you want to get together with us and take in the spectacle.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2019, 02:11:38 PM »
Glory Days?
 ;)
Supercharger, not from the factory.
I think however I may think about it....
RARE  Signature Delete

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2019, 02:52:49 PM »
83.000+fees not bad for this car
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jetīs and some nice Mustang Fastbackīs 67/68

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2019, 03:27:01 PM »
Yeah, it depends on what you want to do with the car. Neat car, but with prices today, I thought it was a little high, the beauty of that one was you could drive it the way it was, maybe, and restore it. But, to restore it, it would need outer wheel houses, front fenders, rear quarters, engine, and etc. It stated original floors and if that was so, I do know that one frame rail was damaged. Thus, if you were to restore it, it would be lots of money. I do know for a fact the flairs were steel and they were cracking also in its life, it had roof damage and top of the quarter by the trunk damage from a garage spring snapping. So the question now becomes, would you really want to drive it the way it is? I would put my vote as a no. I wonder how many SAAC people were there and what they thought of it. I also wonder how many people were on the phone and on line? I was on the phone and I stopped much earlier in the bidding. Cant imagine finding all the parts to put it back, lets start with a 3000$ steering wheel, a 10,000$ plus engine, etc. It starts to add up.

I thought the good deal was the Boss 429.

Just one man's opinion.
RARE  Signature Delete

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2019, 03:42:14 PM »
If the flares were steel, I would keep them and do a day 3 type restoration making it a street/track brute.

Even the Paxton B302 sounds cool.