News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Intake vacuum fittings

Started by jswoody, January 31, 2019, 09:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jswoody

I am looking for any help with identifying the appropriate vacuum fittings for the C7ZX-9425-A intake manifold, and in particular the rear power brake fitting.  I have been looking for information and pictures however have found very little.  Any information and pictures would be greatly appreciated.

JD

Hope this helps, 90 degree brass fitting.  A steel tube with a fitting and a 90 bend attaches to this, the vacuum hose is crimped to the other end of the metal tube and the other end of the hose to the check valve on the booster.

Third image is tube on brass fitting although hard to see in these,

I think (?) all three parts are available from NPD or Dead Nuts On, maybe Virginia too (?).

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

jswoody

JD,
Thank you for the information. It is greatly appreciated.

1967 eight barrel

Those in the picture are from a small block.  Bill at Mansfield Mustang has them all. My '67 did not have the pair of individual vacuum hose ports like I have seen used on some. Bil also offers the correct Power Booster hard line that comes off the back of the manifold. The chrome plater bent my original, so I had to replace it. The only draw back is that the PCV nipple is different from my Shelby unit in that is has no ridge at the end of the nipple. It's a straight tube. You can see this on Bill's website.
http://mansfieldmustang.com/EngineFuelCarbp1.html
                                                                                             -Keith

6s1640

This vacuum fitting looks like the fitting for the C4 automatic transmission line for 1966 GT350 as well.

Cory

Wedgeman

hope these help... 8)

Bob Gaines

None of the pictures so far are of the typical 67 GT500 variety. I am away from my picture file. Think 390 intake fitting . It could vary depending on if auto and or A/C .  A fairly common fitting.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1967 eight barrel

Which fitting, Bob? The Booster line and nipple is exactly what I have. They are not repros.

shelbydoug

Quote from: Wedgeman on February 01, 2019, 01:48:37 AM
hope these help... 8)

The original setup on the pcv doesn't go to the intake manifold. It goes to the bottom on the air cleaner.

If you want the thing to work, then yes, this would be one way to do it BUT you WILL siphon engine oil out of the valve cover into the intake manifold.

The power brake vacuum hookup is "correct-ish". The kink in the tube may vary a little from the originals to the repro's. That is a picture of one of the repro's.  It's close and I wouldn't complain about it but the pcv hook up is not as built by SA.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

tonys_shelby

The one booster fitting on my car looks like the one wedgeman has pictured at the bottom if that also helps.

1967 eight barrel

The PCV does on some vehicles go to the intake. Mine does.  I don't have the two small vaccum ports off the the power booster fitting.

Wedgeman

From pics I have seen, the earlier cars had the PCV to the intake, the later ones to the air cleaner base.  I am curious  as to if anyone knows when & why this change occurred.

shelbydoug

Quote from: Wedgeman on February 01, 2019, 11:25:53 AM
From pics I have seen, the earlier cars had the PCV to the intake, the later ones to the air cleaner base.  I am curious  as to if anyone knows when & why this change occurred.

OK. Who wants to do the survey and the spreadsheet? I think then that you have to ask which air cleaner base that you have since some don't have the nipple on it.

Worms, worms ,worms. Who opened the can of worms and let them out?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Wedgeman

Also...to open the can further....please state whether your car has inboard or outboard brights to go along with the PCV / air cleaner nipple.. ::)

1967 eight barrel

Inboard and early.

I think you can see the PCV from this angle.

-Keith