News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Movie, Ford vs Ferrari a.k.a. The Ken Miles Story

Started by ButchJ, January 31, 2019, 04:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

agreed florida traffic is very, very bad...

Quote from: acman63 on September 04, 2019, 01:12:27 PM
Trust me Florida traffic  can be just as bad as Colorado.   from that area in Colorado to the museum depending on traffic  that figure is on the high side.   The last miles are lots of stop and go lights.  On  Saturday morning  you should be able to do this in less than 2 hrs
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

got my cowboy hat ready to go....66 days !

I have all UNGOLD cars

deathsled

It's taking too long. Couldn't get my dad to go to an early screening in Toronto. I'll have to see it with him in November.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Don Johnston

FL SAAC

Quote from: Don Johnston on September 10, 2019, 08:41:01 PM
Not sure how long it will take to get to a theater here:
https://www.moneycrashers.com/worst-us-cities-traffic-commute-time/

8)

great article, did you see the comment made by someone by the name of omar concerning mia  and ft laud

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

rkm

deathsled

Quote from: rkm on September 11, 2019, 05:09:11 PM
I saw it!!!!! At TIFF.

You are one lucky man!  Would you watch the movie again in November or was one showing enough?

FL SAAC

amazing that you had the opportunity to have an early viewing at the toronto international film festival.

tell me, in your opinion is it worthy of a mention for any award the film or the actors?

thank you

Quote from: rkm on September 11, 2019, 05:09:11 PM
I saw it!!!!! At TIFF.

I have all UNGOLD cars

rkm

We saw it with Christian Bale, Matt Damon, and the director and some of the cast in the balcony next to us. Movie got a standing ovation. Roy Thomson Hall was filled to the roof.

Matt Damon played a passable Shelby. There were times he got the accent and voice just right. I closed my eyes and thought I was listening to Shelby giving a speech at a SAAC dinner. He's too short and we only knew Shelby as an old man, but I think I think he would approve. He had lots of balls in the air in '64 and '65 and they capture how he had to deal with all that. Some of the original crew can comment.

I never met Ken Miles but from all I've read, Chritian Bale nailed it. He lost 70 pounds after his role in "Vice" to play on older, skinny British race car driver who did not suffer fools gladly. He must have spent a lot of time speaking to the Miles family.

Leo Beebe is portrayed as the villain. We met him one year; I'm not sure if he gets a fair shake in the script but it makes a better story. Same with HF2 Ferrari etc. But they do tell the whole story about the attempt by Ford to buy Ferrari.

The biggest mistake is everyone sits in Cobra fenders and hoods and jump over doors etc. which  no one ever does but it looks cool. The audience howled when Shelby takes Ford for a ride in  a Mk2. The racing scenes were fantastic.

Yes I will see it again, I'm taking my team from work to see it and I'm buying the blu Ray version as soon as I can get my hands on it.

It will make you all feel very proud. I wore my white and black"CobraCobra,Cobra shirt and everyone looked and pointed at my muttering in hushed tones. Dig yours out in November!

mark p

^^^ Thanks for the detailed report!  :) :)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

deathsled

Yes, thank you very much for your synopsis. I hope the movie wins several awards. How cool is that to be sitting in such close proximity to the actors?!

Best,

Richard E.

Side-Oilers

Glad to hear it's at least a non-embarrassment of a movie, from a Shelby car owner's perspective.

Also glad that there's a film that brings Carroll, Miles, et al, into the consciousness of the general public. They deserve the recognition.

But, it would have been very interesting if the old man had been alive during the production, and got to be a consultant, if not a producer.

If Damon actually got to talk with Carroll at length, he probably would have been able to do a better job portraying him. And, it would've been fun to hear about Carroll's comments on everything to do with the film.

Does Damon swear as often and as creatively as CS did?  When I worked for him, he once told me "I want that car as shiny as a kernel of corn up a goat's ass."   That's Carroll.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

FL SAAC

its going to be great !

Quote from: Side-Oilers on September 12, 2019, 11:43:59 AM
Glad to hear it's at least a non-embarrassment of a movie, from a Shelby car owner's perspective.

Also glad that there's a film that brings Carroll, Miles, et al, into the consciousness of the general public. They deserve the recognition.

But, it would have been very interesting if the old man had been alive during the production, and got to be a consultant, if not a producer.

If Damon actually got to talk with Carroll at length, he probably would have been able to do a better job portraying him. And, it would've been fun to hear about Carroll's comments on everything to do with the film.

Does Damon swear as often and as creatively as CS did?  When I worked for him, he once told me "I want that car as shiny as a kernel of corn up a goat's ass."   That's Carroll.

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: deathsled on September 12, 2019, 08:46:48 AM
Yes, thank you very much for your synopsis. I hope the movie wins several awards. How cool is that to be sitting in such close proximity to the actors?!

Best,

Richard E.

+ 1

I have all UNGOLD cars