News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Fasten Seat Belt Warning Light.

Started by BGlover67, February 03, 2018, 01:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Can anyone tell me more about this feature.  Is '67 the first year for it?  I know both double digits I've owned have it, but about when did it stop?  It's just supposed to light up, no sound, correct?  I'm just checking if it's working right.

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

J_Speegle

No it wasn't (cant figure out how to do a strike through with current site so changed the response)
and just a light no sound associated with it being on
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Rocket

It was an option in 1966. A friend has a '66 convertible with it. Ron
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

J_Speegle

Quote from: Rocket on February 03, 2018, 03:07:27 PM
It was an option in 1966. A friend has a '66 convertible with it. Ron

Sorry you are correct don't know why I forgot that one. Was connect to/included with an options package
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: JD on February 03, 2018, 02:08:28 PM
For others, The light is on a timer and comes on when starting the car and cycles off after a few seconds - no noise.   Brian the one on #26 works and works correctly.

I don't know when in the Ford Mustang run they did and didn't install these but not all '67 Mustang (Shelby's) got them.  This is covered in the '67 Running Changes article in the 2013 Fall issue of The Shelby American.

JD

What JD mentions here is correct for 0022 as well - the light comes on for a few seconds during startup, and then goes out on it's own.  There is a relay that controls the light.  I found this out the hard way when the old relay got stuck in the closed position, and my light would stay on until I turned the car off.   ::)
Nothing beats a classic!

Alan

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on February 03, 2018, 10:15:25 PM
Quote from: JD on February 03, 2018, 02:08:28 PM
For others, The light is on a timer and comes on when starting the car and cycles off after a few seconds - no noise.   Brian the one on #26 works and works correctly.

I don't know when in the Ford Mustang run they did and didn't install these but not all '67 Mustang (Shelby's) got them.  This is covered in the '67 Running Changes article in the 2013 Fall issue of The Shelby American.

JD

What JD mentions here is correct for 0022 as well - the light comes on for a few seconds during startup, and then goes out on it's own.  There is a relay that controls the light.  I found this out the hard way when the old relay got stuck in the closed position, and my light would stay on until I turned the car off.   ::)

Ditto for 0029.
'67    0029

Bob Gaines

Quote from: BGlover67 on February 03, 2018, 01:52:20 PM
Can anyone tell me more about this feature.  Is '67 the first year for it?  I know both double digits I've owned have it, but about when did it stop?  It's just supposed to light up, no sound, correct?  I'm just checking if it's working right.

Some later 67 Shelby's also came with the seat belt light. As mentioned a slightly different style was offered in 66. It lights up when the ignition is first turned on then goes out after about 15 seconds. There were two different shaped timer relays also one was used in 66 and early 67 and another in later 67.  I am not sure when the transition happen . When the relay fails and the light stays one it typically causes the red plastic face over heat and to soften and distort.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby