News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Seven Liter Cobra

Started by deathsled, February 02, 2019, 10:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

My new musical composition dedicated to an idling 427 Cobra.   Written for piano, I unwittingly composed a piece that is fiendishly difficult for myself.  This was the best take.  I have a 7 foot Steinway coming to my door in a week or so that I will use to make a better recording and plan on getting better recording equipment.  Here it is for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ5hEXsHWY8

Run time was coincidentally written to simulate a lap around a race track.  It seemed to want to work out that way on its own.

Richard E.

Sheet music below for those interested in learning it or passing it on.  Thank you.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

rbarkley

Bravo.  Maestro!
I enjoyed the music and the pics!
For the encore consider adding the roar of that FE 427 starting at the very end!
Ron

deathsled

I like that idea!

I will figure out where to find the sound and splice it in.  I plan to re-perform this piece after I get the Steinway to my house.  I wrote it nearly too hard for myself at the end with jumps and five finger chords.  The beginning was inspired by a video of CSX 4133 idling in a youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF8An64G2eo

I built a piece of music around it in F minor that modulates to C minor.  I kept in a minor key throughout to convey the seriousness and drama that such a Cobra creates.  Lopey idle, threatening exhaust, fast...it was fun to write.

Richard E.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

Thank you gentlemen.  Maybe next project is write a piece of music around a racing Ford GT.  How to recreate the sounds of a twin turbo.  Hmmmmm.