News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Anything to eat or drink there?

Started by 6S1568, February 05, 2019, 11:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

427heaven

We are all grateful for the effort put forth by the few dedicated individuals that make this happen each year. Food aside, many of the issues boils down to money. If we are going to promote these cars and buy and sell parts we don't need to be charged 500.00 to sell parts, I don't know what the FEE is for food vendors, but I can guess it is not worth their while. After paying for food , gas, hotel, airfare, lawn chairs, race tires, race gas, entry fees, parking fees, all most want is to have some normal amenities when we get there. From my own experiences all I want is when I ask where do we park that someone knows where that is. NO MUD or GRAVEL on the track or anywhere near the cars to be shown. Food, drink, toilets, lighting, parking, these are all items that our local shows that have 50 cars might have, let alone a national convention. Just common sense nothing out of the ordinary. Not trying to be a stick in the mud, just trying to make things better, where more people will show up if some things get fixed . Most here are not 20 somethings anymore, and tolerance for simple things is different than decades ago.

acman63

Quote from: 68GT350roadracer on February 08, 2019, 08:54:23 AM
I am very thankful for the effort people put into organizing and running the event. I have only been to the last two. Really enjoyed both. Organizers helped me with any questions I had. I do not plan on missing any more events. Missed way too many. I drive in so I bring food and drinks with me. If anyone has the time they may contact a food truck or two. To see if they would be interested in setting up at the event.

I dont know the specifics of this track but if its like every other track,  nothing comes in the door commercially without them getting a piece of the pie.  If they have brick and mortar food vendors they wont want mobile food trucks.  I will talk to SAAC  about the food
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

69bosssvt

Unless the track has specific rules concerning concession vendors it is quite simple problem. I worked for a guy that ran some of the largest Harley rallies Round the country. He called local "food truck" vendors and asked if they want to sell their products to a couple thousand (usually much more) hungry show attendees. They all showed up...food, drinks, no problem. No charge to you and they are primarily self comtained...
Do it now...sometimes "LATER" becomes "NEVER"....

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 427heaven on February 05, 2019, 08:52:22 PM
I cant figure out why a venue cant have food, drinks, and bathrooms readily available. I mentioned it at FONTANA and if you couldn't plow thru some greasy green nacho cheese you were going hungry! I understand there are many volunteers at these venues but most didn't know where to park us , where the open track event was, and most anything that was happening that weekend. Hopefully no gravel or muddy parking areas, enjoy!  ;)
Most tracks contract a company to run the concessions. They might not deem it profitable to buy the food and hire the temps to open for a fraction of what a regular race weekend will put in their pocket.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

CSX 4133

From the Pitt Race website, if you scroll down the right column you will find the section under Food and beverage that explains what they offer.

https://pittrace.com/visitor-info/

computerworks

Unlike larger "NASCAR" tracks, PittRace has limited concession facilities.
To accommodate our crowd, we are arranging for several food trucks to be there for the full event.
We will have a "food court" area set up near these trucks