Author Topic: 65 66 Shelby NOS battery cables by a pookie wanabe buyer beware  (Read 5484 times)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
65 66 Shelby NOS battery cables by a pookie wanabe buyer beware
« on: February 05, 2019, 10:43:46 PM »
This seller should know better and has been around ebay as a seller for a number of years . Unfortunately I have seen a disturbing pattern of misrepresentation in recent years . Not on everything (he has thousands of auctions) but enough . He is ether clueless on details for these repro cables or a down right con man. IMHO I think he knows better.  ;)  https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-1966-Mustang-Fastback-Coupe-Convertible-GT-Shelby-GT350-NOS-BATTERY-CABLES/163526125767  .    He says in his description  "These are ORIGINAL FORD NOS PARTS." .  It is hard to wiggle out of that one IMO. It ether is or isn't. Early inferior repro cables didn't have engineering numbers printed on the cable like original but used cheaper paper labels . Genuine Ford cables have the engineering printed on the cables.As many used parts as sells I find it hard to believe he is not aware of this . Previous messages to this seller on various misrepresented details on various auctions have come back with ether excuses or were ignored. Buyer Beware .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
Re: 65 66 Shelby NOS battery cables by a pookie wanabe buyer beware
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 01:19:40 PM »
     Bob ,
       You were probably being polite by not mentioning the incorrect clamp hardware. I can't wait to see the reply on this one.
    Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 07:31:50 PM »
I have ran into many, many unscrupulous, low-down, con men/women on feebay. You really have to do your homework. I've sent some messages to these "thieves" as I often refer to them as, that have gotten me into trouble with feebay, because the con men have very sensitive feelings.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 10:30:58 AM »
      There is also a problem with those younger "dealers" that were not BORN  by the mid '60s and have knowledge from "osmosis". "Sometimes" they simply do not know better due to lack of familiarity with assembly line caliber parts.
    Randy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 03:36:08 PM »
I've been taken by one of his parts several years ago and called him out on it when I got it. He knows the system well enough that he will promise to correct it and drags it out past the 60 day window that you can no longer leave feedback. Then fails to communicate after that.  I've even attempted to make a cheap purchase from him just to post something negative.  I guess I'm blocked from making a purchase from him now.  Apparently, when he knows you caught on to him, he will cut you off.  Might be worth creating a new EB user name to purchase a cheap item and give him some neg feedback.  I'm sure he will then create a new user name and start over.  Glad there are posts to some of his parts that perhaps many potential buyers will read before licking their chops at bogus parts.

Matt

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 03:59:25 PM »
   Matt are you saying Andrew of MagMustangs did you wrong? Or POOKIE?  I was about to click on one of Andrew's $24 wing nuts , but am leery now.
     Randy

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 12:03:22 PM »
Thank you for heads up warning----I am telling all my friends if not for any other reason join the club for for forum alone. There was time when person would get hammered for asking so called dumb question , but this has changed significantly and personally I could not be more proud of having chance of being part of organization . Ever since I read FORUM  my lose are down 90% particularly from venders  BOX NOT INCLUDED.

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 10:26:14 AM »
  I'll bet it was expensive too.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 01:59:55 PM »
In MagMustang defense, I did purchase an unrestored fine threaded jack last year from them before reading any beware posts about them.  Turned out to be a gem.  I couldn't believe that it was farm fresh and as nice as it was.  Tag still attached and showed age, paint is no doubt original.  Few very small scratches on the bottom of the base, but would be very comparable to a NOS piece that had never been used.  I may have got lucky, but just wanted to mention it here.

Matt

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 02:39:04 PM »
   Pookie "occasionally " sells the real thing too. Many sellers are too young to have seen NEW cars on dealer lots "in the day". Some like Pookie are just dishonest by nature.

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 02:53:18 PM »
In MagMustang defense, I did purchase an unrestored fine threaded jack last year from them before reading any beware posts about them.  Turned out to be a gem.  I couldn't believe that it was farm fresh and as nice as it was.  Tag still attached and showed age, paint is no doubt original.  Few very small scratches on the bottom of the base, but would be very comparable to a NOS piece that had never been used.  I may have got lucky, but just wanted to mention it here.

Matt

Hi Matt,  I too have purchased half a dozen pieces/parts form MagMustangs and everything has been exactly as advertised.  Andrew has been very honest with me.  I have no problems buying from them, except their prices are a bit high.  I have been to his place and have corrected him on a few things.  Plus I see him at the Portland Swamp meet and his is always very friendly.  I like him.

I have been screwed by "Pookie" in the earlier days and will never knowingly patronize him again.

Cory
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 02:58:19 PM by 6s1640 »

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 03:28:44 PM »

Matt

Hi Matt,  I too have purchased half a dozen pieces/parts form MagMustangs and everything has been exactly as advertised.  Andrew has been very honest with me.  I have no problems buying from them, except their prices are a bit high.  I have been to his place and have corrected him on a few things.  Plus I see him at the Portland Swamp meet and his is always very friendly.  I like him.

I have been screwed by "Pookie" in the earlier days and will never knowingly patronize him again.

Cory
Cory ,what do you think about the claims made in Andrews description in the auction that is the subject for this alert? FYI he relisted the auction https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-1966-Mustang-Fastback-Coupe-Convertible-GT-Shelby-GT350-NOS-BATTERY-CABLES/153374862639
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 05:35:39 PM »
Does everyone already know "Pookie's" newer Ebay personna?    It's TheRoadCars.  Same crap and somehow he manages 100% feedback.  As for Mags, I think he used to be very straight up. I think most of the stuff that was of high value is gone or reproduced so the values have dropped significantly.   Did you look at some of the shipping charges? Highway robbery.   

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 07:37:00 PM »
Does everyone already know "Pookie's" newer Ebay personna?    It's TheRoadCars.  Same crap and somehow he manages 100% feedback.  As for Mags, I think he used to be very straight up. I think most of the stuff that was of high value is gone or reproduced so the values have dropped significantly.   Did you look at some of the shipping charges? Highway robbery.   

TheroadCars is a older ebay persona that predates Pookie. There are others . He rotates them from time to time. I am in complete agreement that Andrew aka Mags mustang used to not have these lapses in judgement . He seemed to be a good guy.  He has been around for a while now . Myself and others started to see a pattern of incorrect descriptions that went beyond novice mistakes. After bringing them to his attention since naively I thought he would want to know so that he would not be embarrassed later, he would typically amend his description to be more correct. Later he started to just have excuses or would not make any changes or just ignore. Fortunately he doesn't appear to do this on all his auction which number in the thousands . Unfortunately I only come across a few that I happened to read because it is something that might be a interest to the Shelby Mustang community . Who knows what percentage of auctions I and others don't see where he is misleading with his descriptions . It could be a lot . I can't imagine that I just so happen to see the bad ones.  It is too bad because I used to think he was a asset to the collector car community . I don't begrudge a guy trying to make a buck (more power to them if they can)as long as he does it with a little bit of integrity. I hope he sees the light and decides to change his ways on all his auctions over all and not just some. In the mean time buyer beware there could be a issue. Just sayin.

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2019, 08:28:43 PM »

Matt

Cory
Cory ,what do you think about the claims made in Andrews description in the auction that is the subject for this alert? FYI he relisted the auction https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-1966-Mustang-Fastback-Coupe-Convertible-GT-Shelby-GT350-NOS-BATTERY-CABLES/153374862639

Hi Bob,  I do not like.  I do not understand why he continues to claim they are NOS.  I can only recount my experiences with MagMustangs as positive.  I have also met Andrew's dad, the "M" or the "g" in MagMustangs, I can't remember which letter.  They seam like regular car guys, just trying to make a few bucks, not as a hobby, but as a business.  I believe Andrew is squeaking by making a living off this stuff.  I can't imagine there is much retirement savings nor health insurance.  It is a rough business to be in.  I wish him luck.  I truly don't understand.

I offer this as a observation and is not intended as an accuse or pass for the inaccurate auction description.

Take care

Cory
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 02:25:25 PM by 6s1640 »