News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

65 66 Shelby NOS battery cables by a pookie wanabe buyer beware

Started by Bob Gaines, February 05, 2019, 10:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Silver Bullitt on June 09, 2019, 04:58:12 AM
SOLD

1965 1966 Mustang Fastback Coupe Convertible GT Shelby GT350 NOS BATTERY CABLES
Ended:   May 18, 2019, 06:07:24 AM PDT
Price:   US $219.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-1966-Mustang-Fastback-Coupe-Convertible-GT-Shelby-GT350-NOS-BATTERY-CABLES-/163605013445?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l10137.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true
Some poor(now that he has paid that price for phonies) uninformed trusting soul no doubt. What did PT Barnum say "There's a sucker born every minute."? Or was it WC fields as for taking Candy From A Baby "It's morally wrong to allow a sucker to keep his money." That seems to be the moral code the seller lives by given the facts have been brought to his attention countless times. Unfortunately too many others subscribe to the same code. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

69mach351w

And the thing about it is, that the poor uninformed will most likely NEVER know the parts were misrepresented/fake.

Greg

I stopped purchasing from Mags or others like them that mislead a long time ago.  I don't have the time or extensive parts knowledge to chase after them.  I do however appreciate Mr. Gaines, Randy and others trying to help people from getting fleeced.  People need to stop buying anything from Mags and others like them and the misrepresentations would stop.  Ford made a billion's of parts so the part you seek will turn up from a reliable and honest seller at some point.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

gt350hr

If I could get $24 for a WINGNUT , I would go into business. Perogie , for years was the most expensive game in the hobby but others have eclipsed his prices. HOW these ridiculous prices help the hobby is beyond me.
   Randy

Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Silver Bullitt

Quote from: 69mach351w on June 09, 2019, 11:45:35 AM
And the thing about it is, that the poor uninformed will most likely NEVER know the parts were misrepresented/fake.

They might... I remember when I was a kid I bought some signed baseballs and stuff like that only to find out lateron some were really bad fakes!

Paging Andrew@PookieWanabeMagMustangs  This reminds me of the C3OZ rear drums you once sold me beyond service limits you had me mail back for refund so you could probably sell them to someone else!

gt350hr

You want to talk about misleading? $1,600 for "original" Rockford ( one of several suppliers in the day) header bolts?

NEWSFLASH!!!!! Rockford bolt is STILL in business and you can buy them BRAND NEW for under $30 A SET!!!!
NONE of the header bolts were "SAI spec" , they were simply what Cyclone supplied!

Pookie has also REINVENTED the Holley date coding! An ORIGINAL 3259 is dated 6622 which in POOKIE language is  "66"  "June"  "22" The dumb ass clearly shows  a nice shot of the casting boss for the secondary squirter when that main body is used for a DOUBLE PUMPER.
     Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

IMHO If you buy ANYTHING on the net (even with great pix)you better have expert knowledge about that specific item...Too easy to get burned,even then.Nothing like holding it in your hands and then exchanging real paper money for it.Web can be a harsh mistress....