News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67 GT500 PS hose routing

Started by waltweems, February 07, 2019, 10:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on February 14, 2019, 10:56:20 AM
Bob, I think the stock tags on them were from about 1989, so yes. They are late service parts.
                                                                                               -Keith
You can tell by the crimp of the clamp to the rubber.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

tonys_shelby

JD why do jpg 68 and jpg 38 look do different I also will need to figure out the correct hoses, clamps, and routing.  thanks

1967 eight barrel

Tony, I will take pictures of my Shelby at the lower control arm where the hose bracket goes. You'll understand immediately what was done wrong.  I have to go over to the Flight Academy at American and do my simulator time.
                                                                                                    -Keith

JD

Quote from: tonys_shelby on February 14, 2019, 12:02:36 PM
JD why do jpg 68 and jpg 38 look do different I also will need to figure out the correct hoses, clamps, and routing.  thanks
Tony those three images were primarily to show how the bracket orients.  The middle image, as noted, has some added insulating material added (not correct).
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bossbill

My original spirals are zinc dichromate.

Is the gold tone lacking in these pics due to flash or what?
Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bossbill on February 14, 2019, 01:54:15 PM

The yellow tone is literally just a die. With time it "washes off".
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Bossbill on February 14, 2019, 01:54:15 PM

Yes they are suppose to be zinc dichromate. The zinc dichromate only will bond to zinc or zinc plating. Underneath the gold is silver. when it is worn off or chemically removed it leaves the zinc silver base.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

waltweems

Thanks for all of the help with the power steering hoses.  I finally did get the clamp oriented properly and things are looking better now.  I also have concourse
short hoses but haven't installed them yet.

Walt Weems