News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Need help---thank you

Started by johnzajc@gmail.com, February 08, 2019, 12:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnzajc@gmail.com

Hi----would any of the 1969 Shelby judges please be willing to entertain following questions ---Thank you                                     1] June production Shelby GT 500---Caution Fan sticker ---did car originally come with it                                                                2] Tire inflation label on driver side ----was sticker installed in any particular area                                                                           3] Safety decal on trunk lid----Mr. Jeff Speegle published instruction on Jan,  2003 as to install them in the center of small V on t  trunk lid , is that still in effect , I assume it most likely is taking in consideration credential of writer.                                                4]  label on tire removal wrench---my is not  legible--is it required                                                                                                                     5 ] Unrestored  car with low milega currently for sale by LEGENDARY  has another sticker on Right tail light protection panel, however I was unable to distinguish text.                                                                                                                                If anyone can help I will greatly appreciate, however I do understand operating club in monumental task and time is scarce commodity---Thank you

Bob Gaines

Quote from: johnzajc@gmail.com on February 08, 2019, 12:40:25 AM
Hi----would any of the 1969 Shelby judges please be willing to entertain following questions ---Thank you                                     1] June production Shelby GT 500---Caution Fan sticker ---did car originally come with it                                                                2] Tire inflation label on driver side ----was sticker installed in any particular area                                                                           3] Safety decal on trunk lid----Mr. Jeff Speegle published instruction on Jan,  2003 as to install them in the center of small V on t  trunk lid , is that still in effect , I assume it most likely is taking in consideration credential of writer.                                                4]  label on tire removal wrench---my is not  legible--is it required                                                                                                                     5 ] Unrestored  car with low milega currently for sale by LEGENDARY  has another sticker on Right tail light protection panel, however I was unable to distinguish text.                                                                                                                                If anyone can help I will greatly appreciate, however I do understand operating club in monumental task and time is scarce commodity---Thank you
1]Absolutely not.  ;D   2] 69 Shelby tire sticker in glovebox . 3]It varied somewhat but that was typical location. 4] Required. 5]I am not sure what that label may be however there is not a label typically in that location. 6] I hope I have helped.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

johnzajc@gmail.com

YES--THANK YOU VERY MUCH----NOW I CAN GO TO BED AND NOT WORRY ABOUT THE CAR---THANKS AGAIN

capecodmustang.com

This is a 13,000 miles Shelby Convertible that's been sitting for decades untouched....

capecodmustang.com

When I opened the trunk............

johnzajc@gmail.com

Since  I have fastback  would location of decals still be the same in reference to convertible. I do not have triangle webbing and perhaps my lid might not even be correct since I do not think it would be that difficult to engrave part numbers . Do I need 2 decals , one for jack assembly and other for safety use===thank you

Coralsnake

TLea

I would call Pete's picture irrefutable evidence.  One thing to note is typically the 69 Shelby's had a brushed on sealer probably weatherstripping adhesive on the back of the decals

Bob Gaines

Quote from: TLea on February 16, 2019, 01:27:37 PM
I would call Pete's picture irrefutable evidence.  One thing to note is typically the 69 Shelby's had a brushed on sealer probably weatherstripping adhesive on the back of the decals
+1 . If no extra yellow contact /weatherstrip adhesive used the stickers have a tendency to roll on the ends/sides . Sometimes I have seen them curled up and laying on the trunk mat of fresh restored cars being judged on a hot day.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Quote from: johnzajc@gmail.com on February 15, 2019, 11:47:45 PM
...... Do I need 2 decals , one for jack assembly and other for safety use===thank you

There would be three originally the jack instructions, the inflation instructions and the Federal Highway safety (small rectangle one) installed

As mentioned they didn't stick well and often fell off over the years. From throughout the production year

Here a large area (no attempt to center it behind each sticker) of adhesive was applied with a brush with back and forth passes. Stickers still rolled over decades

Here the smaller Federal sticker can be seen placed between the two larger stickers on a fastback/sportroof/coupe applictions

Sometimes only the adhesive of a shadow remains. Same pattern as above

Location appears to have depended on the worker assigned to the task or his replacements on days taken off
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

johnzajc@gmail.com

Thank you very much all, you could not be more helpful, [ is there purpose for bungi cord on the bottom photos]] THANK YOU

J_Speegle

Quote from: johnzajc@gmail.com on February 17, 2019, 12:08:18 AM
...................... is there purpose for bungi cord on the bottom photos.

Sure there was for the owner bu tit would be unrelated to the discussion and not originally there ;)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge