Author Topic: 9" SPEC carrier  (Read 755 times)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
9" SPEC carrier
« on: February 08, 2019, 04:49:51 PM »
Wanted to buy 9" Ford SPEC carrier. Call or text Alan. 609-420-7113. Could use more then one. What have you got?

1967 eight barrel

• View Profile
Re: 9" SPEC carrier
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 05:01:47 PM »
"More THAN one."    I think I know where two are that are early and late 67.  They weren't restored last time I saw them in Waxahatchie.

-Keith

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward. For there you have been, and there you will always long to return.
"If It's Not Boeing, I'm Not Going!"

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 08:02:22 PM »
"More THAN one."    I think I know where two are that are early and late 67.  They weren't restored last time I saw them in Waxahatchie.

-Keith

They aren't for me. Text or call Alan.  ;)

cushmancomp

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 08:52:42 PM »
I have the complete 3.89 31 spline open SPEC case center section from my 67 R Code Fairlane available, when I get home from daytona

Scode67FB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 04:19:35 AM »
He builds and sells third members on E-bay, so don't expect good money for them.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 07:36:23 AM »
He builds and sells third members on E-bay, so don't expect good money for them.

That's true. He does sell completed, rebuilt assemblies. You raise a question here though. Is there an established value to the SPEC housing? I'd like to know.

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 06:32:07 PM »

That's true. He does sell completed, rebuilt assemblies. You raise a question here though. Is there an established value to the SPEC housing? I'd like to know.

From what I have seen, they run about $1500 and that was a few years ago.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

1967 eight barrel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 08:54:25 PM »
There was just a restored one Marcus put up for sale. I think it was 1600. The cases aren't that rare. Unrestored would be in the ballpark of 8-1000.00

-Keith
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward. For there you have been, and there you will always long to return.
"If It's Not Boeing, I'm Not Going!"

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 06:46:04 PM »
. The cases aren't that rare. Unrestored would be in the ballpark of 8-1000.00

-Keith
Iíll take a dozen at that price. Still hard to find but not as hard as 68 model year nodular cases