Author Topic: If you could only own one car other than your daily driver what car would it be?  (Read 11448 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
For me, I think it would be a 65 R Model.  But the new Ford GT would also suffice in lieu thereof.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Man, that's a tough question.  Well, I can definitely say that I'm more of a classic car guy than a new car guy, as I've owned 2 newer Shelbys and sold both not long after purchase - they just don't have the soul of a classic to me.  8)

It has to be a Shelby - for sure.  I'm going to say either a street or R model version of a 1965 GT350.  I lean more toward the R Model; however, the carryovers still reign supreme for me. 

Yes, I'm biased  ;).
Nothing beats a classic!

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
'65 289 Cobra or '67 GT350.

(oops adjusted)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 01:41:06 AM by JD »
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
I bleed Ford blue. Having said that ; 1972 Miura SV (in metallic orange, not yellow)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 03:02:18 AM by 2112 »

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
Besides my 67 ,a 289 cobra for sure.... 8)

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
Late production CSX2300-2500 Cobra
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
CSX 2544, or a similar CSX that is in driver condition, a car that you never have to worry about not making people happy by not doing a concourse restoration on. Get in, turn the key and drive whenever you like, never worrying about a stone chip  ;) In another year, I just may be in the market for such a car.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 08:21:48 AM by Bill »
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
I need something that I can get roof racks on to carry my ladders and my Greyhound likes to go for long rides so it needs a back seat where she can stand up. I need a gps since I get lost all of the time. Something that can go off road so I can go around the traffic and get somewhere today...not tomorrow. Any suggestions? I'm thinking a Mini pickups ort of thing? Supercharged of course.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
I bleed Ford blue. Having said that ; 1972 Miura SV (in metallic orange, not yellow)

Man - good choice AND picture. 👍🏻
Nothing beats a classic!

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Sorry, folks...Gotta go to the "Dark side" if I only get one car:  Ferrari 250GT SWB
5S071, 6S1467

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Sorry, folks...Gotta go to the "Dark side" if I only get one car:  Ferrari 250GT SWB

But it has no back seat and you can't put roof racks on it? I can't even get a shotgun in it. I need to use one of those sawed offs? Why?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
I need something that I can get roof racks on to carry my ladders and my Greyhound likes to go for long rides so it needs a back seat where she can stand up.

Just saying  ;)

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Rickmustang

• SAAC Member
  • "What's behind you, doesn't matter"
    • View Profile
Original GT 40, that won LeMans of course, or original Daytona Coupe.  ;D
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
With no other qualifiers (unlimited budget), that's an easy one for me - an original GT-40. (And it doesn't even have to be the LeMans winning one!) ~Kevin
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt