Author Topic: Planning a road trip to see the one and only 1967 Shelby Convertible date T.B.A.  (Read 933 times)

FL SAAC TONY

• original posts more than McDonalds over 1 billlion
    • View Profile
Good morning Florida !

We are planning a road trip in the near future to visit the one and only 1967 SHELBY G T 500 convertible.

Currently located in nearby and beautiful Boyton Beach. Let's plan to make a day of this road trip, have lunch or dinner.  Enjoy this vehicle extremely rare Shelby, plus the many other rare and valuable vehicles in this collection.

Please contact JC directly.

Read about one of the rarest SHELBYs ever produced.

http://www.1967shelbyconvertible.com
These cars are meant to be driven, so enjoy the hell out of all of it. Not just the look of it when its all clean. Carroll Shelby

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

Florida S.A.A.C. diverse and inclusive.

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts: 10,264
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Can you ask Brian why it’s “The only G.T. 500 convertible built by Shelby American. ” ?

;)

Just curious....
Shelby researcher, theCoralsnake.com webmaster, the official Conelec Public Information Officer / CEO

FL SAAC TONY

• View Profile
No, you should ask him yourself.
Thanks

Can you ask Brian why it’s “The only G.T. 500 convertible built by Shelby American. ” ?

;)
These cars are meant to be driven, so enjoy the hell out of all of it. Not just the look of it when its all clean. Carroll Shelby

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

Forum Guide

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Tread softly with this topic, friends.... first and only advisory.  8)

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Tread softly with this topic, friends.... first and only advisory.  8)

Yeah, it's getting old.  It's like watching your kids fight.  No joy for anyone.

For anyone interested: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDEWb4RJONA

I wish I were closer, looks like a candy store for muscle car lovers.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 01:24:37 PM by BGlover67 »
Thanks,
Brian Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts: 10,264
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Understood, I shall let it go.

Just for the record, I know Brian and we have discussed his car many times. It is a great piece of history.
Shelby researcher, theCoralsnake.com webmaster, the official Conelec Public Information Officer / CEO

Rickmustang

• "What's behind you, doesn't matter"
    • View Profile
Cause all the rest were built by Shelby Automotive?
1965 G.T. 350
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto
2005 Ford GT

FL SAAC TONY

• View Profile

Good afternoon everyone,

Please stick to the topic at hand, the future trip to see the Styles collection. 

Thank you for your cooperation.

Kindest regards

67411F--0100-ENG.

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Hello,

I had the opportunity to spend a few hours with Brian and 0139 last month.  The car is extremely nice and is one of my car's (0100) sister cars.  So, I was very interested in all the details of 0139 and its history.  Brian was a very gracious host and his research on the '67 Shelbys is second to none.  I really appreciate the information he has shared with me in regards to 0100, 0131, and 0139.  I am hopeful that the first 3 production GT500s will be reunited and shown together sometime in the next couple of years.  That in my eyes will be something truly special to be a part of, if we can make it happen.

Thanks,
Eric

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Hello,

I had the opportunity to spend a few hours with Brian and 0139 last month.  The car is extremely nice and is one of my car's (0100) sister cars.  So, I was very interested in all the details of 0139 and its history.  Brian was a very gracious host and his research on the '67 Shelbys is second to none.  I really appreciate the information he has shared with me in regards to 0100, 0131, and 0139.  I am hopeful that the first 3 production GT500s will be reunited and shown together sometime in the next couple of years.  That in my eyes will be something truly special to be a part of, if we can make it happen.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric, we are all looking forward to that.
Thanks,
Brian Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
Eric, thanks for posting pictures of your car shod with Man-tires.

Makes me love Shelby Mustangs a little more each time.

Richstang

• View Profile
Having the first three production GT500s all in one place would be beyond HUGE!!!
They would need to be parked in order from left to right as #0100 - #0131 - #0139
I sure hope Craig Jackson will be on board to help make that happen.

For me, seeing the three sisters side by side would be far and away more spectacular than seeing Little Red next to the Green Hornet.
One can only hope it happens!

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
How about getting the 4th Musketeer's and add the '67 red big block prototype. 4 red big blocks - Chicago 2019 MCACN ?? (the concept and three unique sibling realities - just a thought)

"The Big Block Red One's"
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 12:38:43 AM by JD »
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Richstang

• View Profile
Someone needs to find the Lime Gold GT350 #0176 so it and Lowell's Red GT500 V-738-2 can have their own spectacular prototype / brochure car reunion.