The Cars > 1969-1970 Boss 302/429

two speed rear

(1/4) > >>

shelbydoug:
I've never seen the the optional two speed Boss 302 rear. Did it ever exist?

Karguy:
I remember rumors in the 70s about some Cougar eliminators having two speed rear ends. I have never seen one, Iím doubtful but anxious to hear from others.
Karl
6s281

Karguy:
Here you go. Apparently this article was in a 1969 hot rod magazine? Amazing.
Karl
6s281

shelbydoug:
Great find Karguy but the question still remains in my mind if even one car actually existed? Was this just a one-of "Engineering car"? What say you Coralsnake? Maybe like the IRS Shelbys?

I have to find a way to enlarge that article so that I can read the details but my Ford Parts guy was a Boss 302 guy and as I remember told me it was an Eaton 2 speed truck rear and was very heavy so there wasn't a lot of interest in it by the racers at the time?

tesgt350:

--- Quote from: shelbydoug on February 12, 2019, 07:15:09 AM ---Great find Karguy but the question still remains in my mind if even one car actually existed? Was this just a one-of "Engineering car"? What say you Coralsnake? Maybe like the IRS Shelbys?

I have to find a way to enlarge that article so that I can read the details but my Ford Parts guy was a Boss 302 guy and as I remember told me it was an Eaton 2 speed truck rear and was very heavy so there wasn't a lot of interest in it by the racers at the time?

--- End quote ---

I have seen several Mustangs and a couple of Shelby's that have the Two Speed Rear End but it was a Bolt on piece between the Rear End and Drive Shaft.  I can't think of the Name of it at this time but I think it was called a "Hone Drive".  I had a Mustang Monthly Magazine that featured a 65 Shelby with one.

Found it..... Hone-O-Drive
http://hone-o-drive.com/product/b230/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version