The Cars > 1969-1970 Boss 302/429

two speed rear

<< < (2/4) > >>

shelbydoug:
Hone over-drive is what it is still called but that is not the two speed rear that was being proposed/talked about/built by Ford.

I saw the Hone with mostly the separate unit. They are an aftermarket part and in fact showed up in the Shelby accessories catalog, it's a different animal.

I never saw the one that attaches directly to the rear but it's around too. I don't think that was the Ford proposal though?

I can think of a black '68 GT350 from Mamaroneck, then owned by Eugene O'neil and Tom Caldera's '69 GT350, both with the separate Hone unit in them. There is a lever installed in the cabin through the drive shaft tunnel to engage them.

propayne:
That article with the prototype '69 Cougar Eliminator appeared in the January 1969 issue of Hot Rod magazine.

Here is the cover.

- Phillip

shelbydoug:

--- Quote from: propayne on February 12, 2019, 09:55:45 AM ---That article with the prototype '69 Cougar Eliminator appeared in the January 1969 issue of Hot Rod magazine.

Here is the cover.

- Phillip

--- End quote ---

Is that the only car ever built with it installed? I wonder if they would show up on a Marti Report?

2112:
I keep my eye out for Ford Hone-O-Drive units. They are rare.

Seem to see Baldwin Camaro units more commonly.

cboss70:
A Hone unit was in a 66 Hertz car I had years ago. I think the consensus at the time was that none were factory and just an aftermarket piece for cars with big gears (fords and chevys alike). Seems like they were popular in the early 70's. I've never seen one in a Boss.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version