News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Photo from Chicago Auto Show

Started by BGlover67, February 14, 2019, 07:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

This recently popped up and is claimed to be of a 1965 Shelby GT350 at the Chicago Auto Show.      Anyone familiar with it?     
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

deathsled

It looks real judging by hair styles and clothing worn that appears to match the times. Though I live in Chicagoland who knows if it is specifically the Chicago Auto Show.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

BGlover67

It's currently on eBay along with a few other pictures (no more Shelby's though), so I'm pretty sure it's real.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

CharlesTurner

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

gt350cs

Here is another picture from Mustang Monthly showing the Chicago Show.

SFM66H

Brian,

5017 was purchased by a guy from New Holstein, WI of all places, in 1968!

And at that time I was a 13 year old living only three miles away in Kiel and building models of Shelbys! WHO KNEW??

I had no idea the car was there until I moved to Green Bay in 1974 and met Jim Cowles (who later restored the car).

Kieth

PS - Porthole Venice hood!!

1966 GT350H owner since June 30, 1976

roddster

I remember standing by that Ford GT.  Must have stood there gauking for five minutes.  Yeah, the GT 350 was cool, but...Ford GT!!  Lets see, 1965 minus 1952.  I was right on the edge of turning 13 then.

BGlover67

So I won the auction on eBay and received them today.  Thought you all might enjoy.  If anyone is interested, I can email a high res scan of either if you like.  No charge, lol.

Here are some high resolution scans:

https://imageshack.com/a/m4ho/1
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

GT350Lad

Yeah great photos thanks for sharing Brian
Cheer
6S373
6S1276

Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC

It is 17. A high res would be most appreciated, it will go with my set of 2 originals. I am going to reach out to Su (no e) who took those to see if she still has the negative.

Mike
Former owner

BGlover67

Quote from: Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC on February 23, 2019, 11:09:26 AM
It is 17. A high res would be most appreciated, it will go with my set of 2 originals. I am going to reach out to Su (no e) who took those to see if she still has the negative.

Mike
Former owner

PM sent
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover