News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 stance with 1" lowering springs and Arning drop. Header clearance.. 3.5"

Started by 1967 eight barrel, February 14, 2019, 11:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

I got them as a first birthday present. Had them on my stroller with the 427 in it. It was a 'cammer. Mom said size matters.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

68GT350roadracer

This is one of the type of threads that I would like to see in a new category for day two and race cars, or just call it modified cars.
I enjoyed the information in this thread. It does not just relate to 67s.

shelbydoug

This is a picture of the Hooker 6375 adjustable race headers. I was trying to find a picture of the car with them on. No good so far.

If you have never seen that, you are in for a shock or a treat...depending on how you see the world.

Primaries are 2-1/8" and the tubing is 18 gauge, slip tubes. "Real men" don't worry about the noise, the fumes, burning your feet and the sparks from the pavement. All that just numbs your brain. ;)

It's an entirely different kind of fahrvergnugen.  8)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

Quote from: 68GT350roadracer on February 20, 2019, 07:27:48 AM
This is one of the type of threads that I would like to see in a new category for day two and race cars, or just call it modified cars.
I enjoyed the information in this thread. It does not just relate to 67s.

We don't really need a separate heading here. Our threads typically wonder all over the place anyway.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

1967 eight barrel

I don't think those would fit on a mustang, but they are nice looking headers.  I bought Doug's headers the first time and took them back, they were horrid.

-Keith

shelbydoug

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on February 20, 2019, 05:45:28 PM
I don't think those would fit on a mustang, but they are nice looking headers.  I bought Doug's headers the first time and took them back, they were horrid.

-Keith

They definitely do fit a Mustang.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

1967 eight barrel

Doug, power steering and manual trans?
                                                     -Keith

shelbydoug

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on February 20, 2019, 06:44:02 PM
Doug, power steering and manual trans?
                                                     -Keith

No power steering. Manual trans, yes. Power brakes, yes. A/C, no. The front two tubes on both sides GO UNDER the front suspension. The tubes are just a little low. NOT very practical for a street car but I just had to do it to see it. Also the pitman arm is a little close and limits the left turn a little.

Hooker made no bones about it though, they are RACE ONLY.

They're about as low as the Ford deep sump oil pan, which was over the counter. So really they are drag race headers used with uplock shocks but they are VERY COOL to look at.

Most people just stare and are speechless. Lots of HOLY S hit open mouths. I'm into more practical solutions these days and sold those off a while ago.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!