Author Topic: 1967 stance with 1" lowering springs and Arning drop. Header clearance.. 3.5"  (Read 8938 times)

1967 eight barrel

My 67' GT500 has the Arning drop with the Global west spacers. I just really got a good look at header clearance as well.  A bit on the low side. The Arning drop should only lower the car about 3/8" and the springs 1" . To the lip of the wheel opening edge is 23.75". Anyone else have a measurements  from floor to weel opening edge centered with the wheel centercap?
                     -Keith
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 12:23:35 PM by 1967 eight barrel »

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
images rotated ...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Are those Hookers?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

1967 eight barrel

Are those Hookers?
Yes. They sure are.
                          -Keith

427heaven

• View Profile
Mine runs the vintage HOOKERS, and measures 23 3/8 tall in the front with 225 x60x15 tires, looks or hangs down the same.

1967 eight barrel

Mine runs the vintage HOOKERS, and measures 23 3/8 tall in the front with 225 x60x15 tires, looks or hangs down the same.
The Hooker Super Comps have never changed. However,  They are really low.
                                                                                                 -Keith

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
The Hooker Super Comps have never changed. However,  They are really low.
                                                                                                 -Keith

Bob Gaines had a really great set of headers on his '67. He had posted pictures of them on the old crashed forum. I don't know if he still has those pics. They had a lot better clearance then the Hookers which I think really are the problem. They were big tube, non tri-y and full length as well. Nice.

That's the difference now between $500 and $3500 headers? Unfortunately BB Mustangs are maybe the poster child for impossible or nearly impossible scenarios.

Whether they were worth the effort to get them in, you'd have to ask him.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 10:34:03 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

1967 eight barrel

JBA headers are long tube block huggers. They are cost prohibitive. I think about 1300.00 these days.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
JBA headers are long tube block huggers. They are cost prohibitive. I think about 1300.00 these days.

I've only seen the JBA tri-ys. I've never seen j's "ultimate" 67 GT500 individual, long tube header. Apparently only J has them on his car?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

csheff

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
mine hang low like that and are flat on the bottom now from many hits on low areas

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
mine hang low like that and are flat on the bottom now from many hits on low areas

That's one way of fixing them?  8)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
My 68 has low hanging headers as well although they've not contacted the ground (yet). With the bias ply tires (shown) the distance from the ground to the bottom of the rocker pinch weld is 9-1/4" on the front and 10" at the rear. With 235-60R15's it drops to 9" front and 9-1/4" at the rear. The suspension is fairly stiff though.
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
My 68 has low hanging headers as well although they've not contacted the ground (yet). With the bias ply tires (shown) the distance from the ground to the bottom of the rocker pinch weld is 9-1/4" on the front and 10" at the rear. With 235-60R15's it drops to 9" front and 9-1/4" at the rear. The suspension is fairly stiff though.

I save every picture you post. Love your car..........and I am not a '68 guy. yours is just so well put together...

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
These are reported to not drag on the ground.

http://www.fordpowertrain.com/390428triy.htm
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:17:39 PM by 2112 »

1967 eight barrel

Those would have been a good choice....