Author Topic: Valentine’s Day Shelby Anecdote  (Read 1122 times)

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Valentine’s Day Shelby Anecdote
« on: February 14, 2019, 01:04:26 PM »
First of all, Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone.  Remember to keep your significant other happy this time of year so they won’t complain when you drag home your next Shelby/Mustang purchase.  My wife was sweet enough to surprise me with some gifts from the Shelby Gift Shop at Shelby American.

I just wanted to relate this story.  This morning as we exchanged a couple simple gifts, I opened up a set of Shelby socks (just what everyone truly needs).  My wife finally got a good look at them and started to read them aloud, “Ferris’s Ass is Mine.”

I just had a mental image of Carroll Shelby hitting on Mathew Broderick, and it wasn’t pretty.  Of course this lead to a full lecture by mean as to the history behind Shelby American beating Ferrari for all the world to see, but by that point she couldn’t care less.  Happy Valentines Day!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Valentine’s Day Shelby Anecdote
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 02:00:09 PM »
thanks for sharing and enjoy those kool socks
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 04:28:45 PM »
LOL!

Well done, Brian.  8)
Nothing beats a classic!

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 06:12:32 PM »
Love the socks and the mental picture. Made me laugh commenting about dropping my wallet in San Francisco and having to kick it all the way to Oakland before bent over to pick it up. That was great! LMAO!!!