Author Topic: 2022 YTD events  (Read 89584 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
2022 YTD events
« on: February 15, 2019, 08:09:17 PM »
Like it says off topic zone. No profanity, vulgarity or offensive pictures or comments please.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 09:47:24 PM by FL SAAC »
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

1967 eight barrel

Re: Welcome to the Florida Lounge / Off Topic Zone
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 10:52:47 PM »
I hate humidity!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 07:41:11 AM »

at ease, washington state hmmmmmm...stay where you are...thanks

I hate humidity!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 10:16:32 AM »

I love living here too:

1. 663 miles of beaches - yes indeed, and many more rivers and lakes, parks, trails, etc.....
2. Perfect weather - not quite. June, July and August can be brutal. But if it were truly perfect year-round there would be no room to move because everyone would move here.
3. NO INCOME TAX! - almost as good as NH (no income or sales tax but property taxes will eat you up!)
4. Every route is the scenic route - true. And, not to rub it in but driving your Shelby is a year round endeavor. No road salt, ice or snow.
5. No snow - see item #4
6. Flip-flops all year - not my thing, can't get enough traction. Some really stupid people even ride their motorcycles with flip-flops down here... until they lay it down once.
7. Less regulation - compared to Cali and NY maybe, but have you tried to open a business down here? You need a state license to BRAID HAIR for crying out loud! Check out the Miami-Dade building codes and the impact fees in most counties.
8. Pub subs! - Publix rocks! If you like their subs try their spicy unbreaded chicken wings - mmmmmm good!
9. Disney/Universal - I thought that too when I moved here 30 years ago. Now I'm theme parked-out (or just becoming a grouchy old man).
10. We live where you vacation! - Snowbirds and touristos - definitely not my favorite part of Florida.
11. If you like car shows - we have thousands (by the way, Tony's posts mostly highlight events in South Florida). If you like racing - we have it all; Daytona, Sebring, St. Pete GP, drag strips, dirt tracks and asphalt short tracks - and most of it is year-round.

Went to the Richie Evans Memorial 100 NASCAR Modified race last night at New Smyrna Speedway. Great race and very evenly matched field. The last place car wasn't lapped until the 58th lap (all green). I've been to several of these and I have to say that I really miss watching Ted Christopher coming up through the field. That man could drive the wheels off pretty much anything!

Like it says off topic zone. No profanity, vulgarity or offensive pictures or comments please.
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

68countrysedan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 01:53:10 PM »
Isn't there a big NASCAR race being run tomorrow?

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 02:34:00 PM »
yesah!

Isn't there a big NASCAR race being run tomorrow?

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 02:47:23 PM »
Agreed,  but what state or town doesnt have any issues?

The only other place we have entertained relocating would be in the Hawaiian islands.

But we have measured the cost of living there vs the mainland and also the travel time.

We have our own Hawaiin islands,  sans the surfing. They are called the Florida keys. From our current home to our keys home  located just 2,000 feet or minutes from a direct Atlantic Ocean access, it takes us one hour via the turnpike to arrive there.

Why leave paradise?

Mahalo

I love living here too:

1. 663 miles of beaches - yes indeed, and many more rivers and lakes, parks, trails, etc.....
2. Perfect weather - not quite. June, July and August can be brutal. But if it were truly perfect year-round there would be no room to move because everyone would move here.
3. NO INCOME TAX! - almost as good as NH (no income or sales tax but property taxes will eat you up!)
4. Every route is the scenic route - true. And, not to rub it in but driving your Shelby is a year round endeavor. No road salt, ice or snow.
5. No snow - see item #4
6. Flip-flops all year - not my thing, can't get enough traction. Some really stupid people even ride their motorcycles with flip-flops down here... until they lay it down once.
7. Less regulation - compared to Cali and NY maybe, but have you tried to open a business down here? You need a state license to BRAID HAIR for crying out loud! Check out the Miami-Dade building codes and the impact fees in most counties.
8. Pub subs! - Publix rocks! If you like their subs try their spicy unbreaded chicken wings - mmmmmm good!
9. Disney/Universal - I thought that too when I moved here 30 years ago. Now I'm theme parked-out (or just becoming a grouchy old man).
10. We live where you vacation! - Snowbirds and touristos - definitely not my favorite part of Florida.
11. If you like car shows - we have thousands (by the way, Tony's posts mostly highlight events in South Florida). If you like racing - we have it all; Daytona, Sebring, St. Pete GP, drag strips, dirt tracks and asphalt short tracks - and most of it is year-round.

Went to the Richie Evans Memorial 100 NASCAR Modified race last night at New Smyrna Speedway. Great race and very evenly matched field. The last place car wasn't lapped until the 58th lap (all green). I've been to several of these and I have to say that I really miss watching Ted Christopher coming up through the field. That man could drive the wheels off pretty much anything!

« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 04:06:04 PM by FL SAAC TONY »

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 03:50:42 PM »
I'm in Texas. I got the hell out of Commiefornia. I will be in the land of "Qtips" on 13 Mar for a week donating to the local economies. LOL  I was stationed at Benning and Bragg. I grew up in an arid climate and It's even humid here at times.  My mother grew up in Columbus GA and Bonifay Fl. 
I think we keep upsetting those from the NE with Trump Derangment Syndrome. LOL

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2019, 07:45:56 PM »
USA

I'm in Texas. I got the hell out of Commiefornia. I will be in the land of "Qtips" on 13 Mar for a week donating to the local economies. LOL  I was stationed at Benning and Bragg. I grew up in an arid climate and It's even humid here at times.  My mother grew up in Columbus GA and Bonifay Fl. 
I think we keep upsetting those from the NE with Trump Derangment Syndrome. LOL

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 07:47:33 PM »
So what did you all have for lunch today

Yummy

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2019, 08:06:39 PM »
sent by maritza coconut grove arts festival 2016

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2019, 08:07:58 PM »
sent by maritza coconut grove arts festival saturday 2019

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2019, 08:18:58 AM »
this mornings view....no latitude or longitude, just floating...

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2019, 11:17:13 AM »
current situation...no latitude or longitude, just floating untraceable...

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2019, 01:35:02 PM »
Yes Tony, there is still a longitide and a lattitude, even if you are aimlessly adift. You're just not observing them. ( I live by them. Otherwise I would miss the airfield) lol

I miss deep sea fishing. I haven't been since I left Commiefornia.  I used to take the twilight boat fishing on Friday after I got off duty. 
Enjoy! I am a water person and born under the water sign.

-Keith