News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

when did they change from a 1 piece fuel line to a 2 piece

Started by acman63, February 17, 2019, 03:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acman63

Is there an approximate date when they went to a 2 piece line with the protector bracket  from the one piece
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

Bossbill

I've heard Feb 1967 -- but this flies in the face of cars like mine which have the 1 piece (car in sig). It may well be plant specific. And it may also be a requested changeover date.

For extra credit, the supposed Feb cutoff for over/under brake lines is probably another engineering requested changeover date as my car has the over.

Ditto for the core support A/C slit changeover date as mine has slits too.

Nothing like SJ cars to make you scratch your head.

Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx

1967 eight barrel

Late Nov '66 GT 500 in my case. It was a once piece which went up the driveshaft tunnel.  I changed to a 3/8" two piece for fuel demands.

-Keith

J_Speegle

Quote from: acman63 on February 17, 2019, 03:00:49 PM
Is there an approximate date when they went to a 2 piece line with the protector bracket  from the one piece

Spent few hours going of my spreadsheet and updating it with any new data I had to update it. Tried to not use restored cars and cars with replaced floors. And though it looks like I have it down to the last week in March to the end of the second week of April 1967 at this point for 1967 San Jose built cars.

Hope this helps
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

johnsshelby

Are you sure, 1486, Feb '67 has one piece, either way I'm confused now.

greekz

My car was completed May 3rd at SJ, which according to my Marti Report, was eight days behind schedule.  It has the 2-piece fuel line.

Greek
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

J_Speegle

Quote from: johnsshelby on February 18, 2019, 07:01:05 AM
Are you sure, 1486, Feb '67 has one piece, either way I'm confused now.

After reviewing the spread sheet and data I reworded the post above to reflect a wider range until we get additional data.

Lots of cars with replaced panels and parts out there so it makes things like this challenging. The exact day of the change over had to be pretty exact since the change required not just the fuel line but other supporting parts be available on the line and inserted into the build along that line at different locations, so it was likely not like some cars got one style while others (following one another) had the other.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge