News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Vinyl Cleaning/Treating Products

Started by Survivor, February 17, 2019, 10:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Survivor

Suggestions for a very good cleaning/treatment products for vinyl seat covers in my '67.  Thx.

CSX 4133

One of the best, if not the best, is Pinnacle leather and vinyl cleaner. It has no silicone, gloss agents or solvents and is PH balanced.
For Protection I recommend 303 protectant, I've used it for years on vinyl tops, dashes, etc and it works the best of any product I've used. Plus it has UV inhibitors to protect your vinyl from the suns rays.

CSX 4133

Another excellent pair of products is Mequiars heavy duty vinyl cleaner #39, followed up with their vinyl condioner #40. The condoner leaves a nice low gloss finish and is non greasy.

The conditioner also works well on tire sidewalls, giving a nice new appearance without leaving it with a shine.

Quote from: CSX 4133 on February 17, 2019, 01:27:00 PM

One of the best, if not the best, is Pinnacle leather and vinyl cleaner. It has no silicone, gloss agents or solvents and is PH balanced.
For Protection I recommend 303 protectant, I've used it for years on vinyl tops, dashes, etc and it works the best of any product I've used. Plus it has UV inhibitors to protect your vinyl from the suns rays.

+1 on both products.

303 is probably the best protectant on the market.

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: Survivor on February 17, 2019, 10:58:59 AM
Suggestions for a very good cleaning/treatment products for vinyl seat covers in my '67.  Thx.

Be glad you asked.  Some products will cause the vinyl to fade extremely quick; which can lead to reupholstering the entire interior for a second time in 6 months.

...ask me how I know... ;)
Nothing beats a classic!

Survivor

Thanks to all for the info-consider it done. 

1967 eight barrel

I use 303 as well. Great products. They have a convertible top cleaner/ sealer that is great. They even offer a weather strip cleaner/rejuvenator.
They're all available from Amazon as well. Most of the parts stores don't stock much of their line.

-Keith