Author Topic: Question about 1967 Shelby GT350 to be auctioned off at Mecum Houston  (Read 6121 times)

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
Re: Question about 1967 Shelby GT350 to be auctioned off at Mecum Houston
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2019, 08:46:20 AM »
As the Forum Guide has already stated, and as the moderator of this particular sub forum, your comments in this thread are a bit on the harsh side. I humbly suggest taking anything else you have to say to the seller to a PM.

Rueben

I hope you correct the Mecum auction listing.  As a triple crown winner of just a few I think I know what Im talking about. You misrepresented your car.   Dragging in some names that dont want to be represented with you.  Please be honest with your car.  It has NOT been supervised by 2 saac judges. It is not a concourse car.  Has it been judged by gaines amd speegle? 

Just curious, since I am only on the side lines looking in, what was "Harsh" about his response if it is true, I would like to know for future postings so I don't get into trouble.

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2019, 09:24:13 AM »
As the Forum Guide has already stated, and as the moderator of this particular sub forum, your comments in this thread are a bit on the harsh side. I humbly suggest taking anything else you have to say to the seller to a PM.

Rueben

I hope you correct the Mecum auction listing.  As a triple crown winner of just a few I think I know what Im talking about. You misrepresented your car.   Dragging in some names that dont want to be represented with you.  Please be honest with your car.  It has NOT been supervised by 2 saac judges. It is not a concourse car.  Has it been judged by gaines amd speegle? 

Just curious, since I am only on the side lines looking in, what was "Harsh" about his response if it is true, I would like to know for future postings so I don't get into trouble.
   Don't pretend to be the know all, see all, master of things..... Don't knock or condemn others cars or equipment. Want to start a SHI- STORM that's one way to do it. Many a fine family, individuals, companies and cars have left for good in this community because of this exact scenario. Keep it positive and keep it fun and the rest will sort itself out. If a man pays for someone's services or even has some guidance from these men they will ALWAYS have an association with them. Don't speak for others, they are not deaf- mutes and are capable of speaking for themselves.

Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2019, 10:51:22 AM »
Well, it was either chime in or drop my membership in this illustrious, self absorbed club...  To those seemingly critical of a car they know very little about and more importantly, have yet to see, either get off your lazy ass and trek on down to Houston or stop wasting everyone's time.  If you don't like the listing, do your own god damn homework and figure it out.  Only then, in my humble opinion, do you gain the right to be critical or better yet, curious, about any given car.  And, one up to the last post regarding the need to keep things on the lighter side of life.  They're only cars for Christ sake.  This particular seller has an impeccable and well deserved reputation with this auction house via several honest sales over the past few years.  His posts, at least on this Forum, have always been presented in a professional, transparent manner.  And life goes on...   

Forum Guide

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2019, 11:54:54 AM »
Look.. it's really not complicated.

This site is for open discussion among like minded people. it's OK to disagree or post an contrary opinion.
When you figuratively pick up a tire iron to make your point... that gets harsh and out of line.

It's an easy guideline.

Thanks

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2019, 12:57:40 PM »
I have to say, it’s been in interesting 12 hours. I can’t say I saw this thread turning the direction it has, but that’s life.

I will say this: no one can squelch my passion for these amazing cars! What’s sad is that situations like this have caused people to completely leave the hobby all together.  I talked to my consignment agent today and he, unsolicited, said that there have been several times where owners have gotten fed up with getting themselves and their cars picked apart and literally came to Mecum and said, “I’m tied of the BS - I want to be done - sell it all”.  That’s not me.

Just yesterday, I had an amazing first conversation about cars with a gentleman I just met from this forum.  This was not a conversation triggered by this person’s interest in my car. And, truly, it was like we had known each other for years. That conversation was the highlight of my day.

So, stuff happens. People have thoughts / opinions, and all are entitled to their own. I will respect the opinions of others, as it’s nothing more than that - their opinion. How they choose to share that opinion is up to them.

In the end, I love these cars and I’m grateful for all the people I have met through this hobby. The only one that can steal your joy is you, unless you let them.

Thanks!
Ruben
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 03:16:28 PM by Shelby_0022 »
Nothing beats a classic!

Rickmustang

• SAAC Member
  • "What's behind you, doesn't matter"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2019, 02:15:08 PM »
Good luck with the sale Ruben. I be sad if it leaves this part of the country. MOCA will miss it as well. Beautiful car!  Rick
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2019, 11:32:58 AM »
  I will say this Ruben, all the specific questions you were asking here on the forum while you were putting it together tells me you were attemting to get-it-right the first time.  Good luck.

SBCARGUY

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2019, 02:10:56 PM »
That was very well said... BRAVO

I have to say, it’s been in interesting 12 hours. I can’t say I saw this thread turning the direction it has, but that’s life.

I will say this: no one can squelch my passion for these amazing cars! What’s sad is that situations like this have caused people to completely leave the hobby all together.  I talked to my consignment agent today and he, unsolicited, said that there have been several times where owners have gotten fed up with getting themselves and their cars picked apart and literally came to Mecum and said, “I’m tied of the BS - I want to be done - sell it all”.  That’s not me.

Just yesterday, I had an amazing first conversation about cars with a gentleman I just met from this forum.  This was not a conversation triggered by this person’s interest in my car. And, truly, it was like we had known each other for years. That conversation was the highlight of my day.

So, stuff happens. People have thoughts / opinions, and all are entitled to their own. I will respect the opinions of others, as it’s nothing more than that - their opinion. How they choose to share that opinion is up to them.

In the end, I love these cars and I’m grateful for all the people I have met through this hobby. The only one that can steal your joy is you, unless you let them.

Thanks!
Ruben

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2019, 02:28:50 PM »
Hi Timmy,

I wanted to clarify something in your post, as I believe you may have misunderstood our communications.  Jim Cowles and JD played significant roles in the restoration of this car.  However, Jim Cowles did not do the actual restoration.  The initial restoration was completed by a shop called Big 3 Performance; which is located across the parking lot from Jim's shop.  The additional finishing concours work was completed once I received the car in Texas after Big 3 had finished, as I changed direction and decided to go the more concours correct route after receiving the car and assisting with judging the 67s at SAAC 42.

I hope this clears up any confusion - thanks!
Ruben
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 02:50:55 PM by Shelby_0022 »
Nothing beats a classic!