Author Topic: Invest in collectible cars like investing in stocks - buy shares  (Read 3639 times)

SFM6S087

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Invest in collectible cars like investing in stocks - buy shares
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 08:55:19 AM »
Wow. Thanks for sharing, Steve. Who would have thought?
Nothing beats a classic!

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 10:07:04 AM »
That's pretty cool BUT, how does the DMV & Insurance fit into this concept?

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 10:38:46 AM »
Sketchy
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 10:55:55 AM »

This brought to mind the Johnny Cash song One Piece at a Time.   ::) 

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 12:45:52 PM »
Sketchy
Yeah, you would really have to trust this Company.  If I understand this right, the Company finds the Vehicles and Buys them, they then decide how much Profit they want to make on the Car and add THAT to the price of the car, and then decided how many Investors to bring on board and how much to charge each Investor.  They sit on the Car for a bit hoping the Value goes up and then sell the Car which they divide the sell Price by the number of Investors and divvy up the Money. They already made their Money from the Investors.   For this to work, they will have to get the Vehicles SUPER SUPER CHEAP and sell them at a SUPER HIGH Price. and I do not see that happening to often.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 12:50:10 PM by tesgt350 »

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 01:27:23 PM »
Surprised its taken so long for something like this to be tried. Couple of us discussed the possibility back about five years ago of doing something very similar. Though it would work and be popular in certain circles. Had some down sides and possible flaws but what funds don't. But bottom line - just another discussion that went no where :)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 02:10:46 PM »
I guess it's fun for guys who want to brag that they own a Lambo, Viper, and a bunch of other cars.

They just neglect to mention that they own 1/1000th of them.
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 02:24:27 PM »
Surprised its taken so long for something like this to be tried. Couple of us discussed the possibility back about five years ago of doing something very similar. Though it would work and be popular in certain circles. Had some down sides and possible flaws but what funds don't. But bottom line - just another discussion that went no where :)

I would be afraid that it would be similar to Hiring an Attorney to defend you in a Case where he tells you he get $200 an Hour and doesn't tell you about all the Other inflated Fee's that you are also on the hook for like Photo Copies, PI Fees, Phone Calls, Meals, etc. and with THIS concept it would be, Car washes, Oil Changes, Insurance, Gas, Tune Ups, etc and when it is sold and the Money is split up among the Investors, you'd be lucky if you broke even.

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 03:07:42 PM »
Is the vehicle never to be driven again until it is sold?  Or is it like a time share offering of actual use? Sounds way too risky.  If all you can say that you you own an exotic car but can never drive it or show it off, why bother. 8)

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2019, 03:14:32 PM »
Is the vehicle never to be driven again until it is sold?  Or is it like a time share offering of actual use? Sounds way too risky.  If all you can say that you you own an exotic car but can never drive it or show it off, why bother. 8)

From how it reads, you are only paying $100 to about $500 per Share and the Vehicle stays in their Show Room until THEY decide to sell it, around 90 Days maybe longer or fewer.

Chad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2019, 03:41:05 PM »
That outfit is not the only ones doing it.  There is another company in CA doing it.  This is a pyramid scheme from word one!!!! 

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2019, 09:47:12 PM »
Thank you for investing in the $200,000 car we bought at Barrett Jackson. After driving the car for the last six months and advertising, storage, maintenance cost, insurance and administrative fees we have realized only $100,000 from the sale. But on the bright side my brother in law is enjoying the car.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2019, 10:13:23 PM »
You know if you cant trust your brother in law, or your friends on a car deal..... Than you really shouldn't trust these scammers on a lets see how many dumba--es we can catch on this deal.  >:( Run as fast and as far as possible from this SKETCHBALL arrangement.

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2019, 12:32:40 PM »
Thank you for investing in the $200,000 car we bought at Barrett Jackson. After driving the car for the last six months and advertising, storage, maintenance cost, insurance and administrative fees we have realized only $100,000 from the sale. But on the bright side my brother in law is enjoying the car.

I wouldn't bet against that ^^^ scenario... especially if they are short-term deals.
"the Large Print giveth and the Small Print taketh away"? ::) ???
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 03:48:39 PM by mark p »
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird