News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

65 GT350 #47 at Russo and Steele

Started by sfm5s081, February 19, 2019, 01:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Is there a premium for the first 100 cars as opposed to later 1965's?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC

terlingua11

If I had the extra cash-o-la laying around to buy a 65 I would be one who would pay more for a sub 100 car. Battery in the trunk etc...... early mystique car.
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

sfm5s081

Yes, it seems that the sub 100 cars do in fact bring a premium

chris NOS

this car was fir sale in russo and steele in 2018 , and there's few warning light flashing on those pictures ...

tesgt350

What do you think it will Bid UP to and what do you think it SHOULD Sale For?

acman63

just sent him headers , exhaust and a few sundry other items last second of course
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

J_Speegle

Quote from: 2112 on February 19, 2019, 04:34:50 PM
Who is "Concours Restorations"?

Maybe the question is "who was". Don't know currently but I think that was the name of Drew Alcazar's restoration shop back in the 90's

Just a guess based just on the business name
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Harris Speedster

Yep, spot on J Speegle >>>>>>

Drew did have that shop back in the day.
After closing Paradise Restorations, he went to work at Barrett-Jackson.

This was right after Brian Jackson passed away.
I know because I was offered his old position at their company by his brother after he passed,

I used to talk with Brian all the time about Shelby's and the market as a whole.
Utah John back then, huh Big Jim & Mr Vinnie !!!

As I recall, Brian went Vintage racing in his 65 Shelby and got real sick all at once, went home
and right to the DR.
Cancer as I recall in his stomach, real sad, as he was a cool dude.

I am not so sure that I was not involved with this car back in the day.
I remember a certain David Garaway Cobra that Ned personally inspected for me,
I ended up selling it to a customer of Drew's or Drew himself, don't remember exactly.

As most know, he now owns Russo-Steele.
Time flies my friends.
John

Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

Darrpo

I owned this car years ago. Very rusty in door hinge area around areas were doors bolted on and rear quarters around side vents . Floors were good. All sheet metal was original. Motor was a hippo but not original to car. Was told it from 6s122 a couple years later when I bought it from Robert Mungrul. I sold it to Wayne Conover (cobra ranch)  no telling what he did to it. Interesting is no one has ever contacted me about car. Car was just to rusty for me.

Bigfoot

Quote from: BGlover67 on February 19, 2019, 01:14:34 PM

Probably
In reality it's convenient to have the battery in front fo sure.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

sfm5

It seems this car crossed the block a couple of days ago and was bid up to $350K, reserve not met. Was anyone there that can confirm and provide more information?
65 GT350

SFM6S087

Quote from: BGlover67 on February 19, 2019, 01:14:34 PM

I'm not sure about the first 100, but I think the early cars built at the Venice location bring a premium.

Steve