News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Anyone know this car?

Started by Coralsnake, February 19, 2019, 01:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

BGlover67

I'm not sure if it's real, but Ill bet they sure put a lot of money into it.   :o
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

KR Convertible

Wow! Hope they didn't use a real car for that.  Below the video they are begging for tips.  Probably to pay for the work.

mark p

I suppose that I'm not really a "purist", but why would anyone "doctor-up" a real Shelby for something like this when any run-of-the-mill '68 FB would give the same result?
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Coralsnake

Some people like the modified cars. Personally I dont have an expectation that every car has to be strictly bone stock

Its perfectly okay. Since we dont know he started with, this may have been a great choice.

I havent seen the car before and was just wobdering.....

tesgt350

I like it.  I have seen many of you compliment other peoples Shelby's that were heavily Modified so this one is no different. 

Quote from: BGlover67 on February 19, 2019, 02:14:37 PM
I'm not sure if it's real, but Ill bet they sure put a lot of money into it.   :o

Not exactly what I would do, but it appears to be done to a high standard.

Then again, I am a sucker for laser straight bodywork.

Coralsnake

Its real! Thanks I found it all by myself! Pretty car!

Taillight panel makes it look like an unfinished paint job....

roddster

At ISCA shows, you don't have to be correct, but everything better be shiney and clean.  Nice car, I like it.

vtgt500

If car was resurrected from a mangled, basket case, OK.  But few folks have had the pleasure of driving a flawlessly assembled car with OEM suspension and steering layout.  With performance radials, gas shocks, stiffer lowered springs, export brace, Monte Carlo bar, high quality urethane or Delrin bushings, silicon grease lubricated leaf spring pads, a tight steering box, and improved alignment these cars really transform.  Cringe seeing owners cut up a nice car for coil overs and rack & pinion steering before working the bugs out of a worn our example.

Coralsnake

Sorry, it wasnt. I actually have sme pre-mod pictures and it looked pretty nice.

;D