News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Gold '68 GT350 vert on BaT

Started by 2112, February 23, 2019, 12:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark p

Quote from: pmustang on March 03, 2019, 04:22:01 AM
I am in the UK and have two gold.standard fare fastbacks for sale. One 68 is a time warp 100 percent rust free car and the 65 is a super nice driver.  The colours are murdering them. Can't move them to save my life.  Tough sale colour in my experience.

that seems strange... in my case, I think it is a great color. I guess it is all subject to individual tastes? My sister had a '66 coupe about that shade back in the 70's, was a cool car (was later totaled by one of her friends).
Peter - I hope you can find some buyers!
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

capecodmustang.com

I actually like lime gold more than sunlit gold or "gold metallic"...

I've had a few sunlit gold's and they're just not popular like the blues and whites

pmustang

Thanks Mark P, the 65 gets ton of positive comments and then they buy a different colour car from me so in that case it's helping me sell cars

The 68 is a conundrum. It is so rust free it hurts, just a wonderful example that has details I've not seen before. Even a slip of paper down the back of the rear seat with a name and California address and phone number on it

But its a slightly dulled Gold. Real nice paint job for a driver but no pizzazz. I am struggling with do I repaint it another color, add stripes? Just don't know

Cheers. Peter

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

427heaven

I saw this car multiple times around the BJ auctions at various shows, it was a really clean driver but the color was a deterrent to most that were looking for such a car. Gold like Lime green has a following, but fewer then the other colors. I thought of purchasing it and doing a color change but couldn't pull it off. What ever direction the new owner goes with it they will love it for what it is.

pmustang

I ended up striping the 68 gold fastback
Black dual stripes. Helps a ton

mark p

Quote from: pmustang on September 01, 2019, 01:37:37 PM
I ended up striping the 68 gold fastback
Black dual stripes. Helps a ton

I'll bet that looks sharp. Hopefully now someone will scoop it up!
The "opposite" scheme (black with gold stripes) is so attention grabbing and appealing to many, our Tiger missed out on a prestigious combination award a few years back to a Tiger a few years back (popular vote deal) and I'm still a bit miffed  ::)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird