News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Shelby Diorama

Started by 69mach351w, February 24, 2019, 10:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFM6S087

Where's the barn? Just kidding. That's pretty realistic. When I first pulled up the link I thought I got misdirected because it looked so real.

Steve

1967 eight barrel

I thought about doing this with a 67 shelby 350 kit I have two of. I have been building models for 45 years. Even for a few museums. 
                                                                                                     -Keith

69mach351w

Now that's Cool Keith. I've been building models myself for about as long. I've got Mustang and Shelby models that I put away and I'm going to get back out to display once we get into our office. I even replicated paint marks, undercarriage detail etc, even back in the 80's, 90's.

Right now I'm building the huge 1/8 scale 67 GT500 by De'Agostini.

deathsled

Well done diorama. I'm working toward my own on a desert highway. The roll of cork board arrived a couple days ago. Will need to spray paint it flat black and do the yellow lines. That 68 Shelby diorama is quite impressive.

Richard E.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Bigfoot

I'm not into model trains but that would look so cool next to a model train set going around someone's garage or basement.  Scaled down a bit of course...
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

69mach351w

Quote from: deathsled on February 25, 2019, 10:20:39 AM
Well done diorama. I'm working toward my own on a desert highway. The roll of cork board arrived a couple days ago. Will need to spray paint it flat black and do the yellow lines. That 68 Shelby diorama is quite impressive.

Richard E.
Your gonna have to post photos when your finished!!

deathsled

acman63

SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

deathsled

Rusty fiberglass. You're right. Doesn't make sense.

TOBKOB

Quotebut rusty fiberglass?  ;D

Patina...???    ::)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

1967 eight barrel

I'm in my early 50's, but I bet a lot of you remember the Monogram Tom Daniels kits.  I built a Boot Hill Express, made a small cemetary with a barren tree with a hangman's noose in it. You probably remember this one.
                                                                                       -Keith

69mach351w

Oh my goodness, LOLOL, you bet I remember that one. You remember the Old Monogram Red Baron
Kit? It's another Tom Daniels kit, I built that one way back in the 70's.

MAN, that has to rank up there in my favorites!!

How about the Plymouth "Cop Out"? Remember the whole front had to be painted silver and try to not to have paint past the part-line. Man, those are some GREAT times!!