Author Topic: Our 69 Mach 1 turned 50 today  (Read 2816 times)

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Our 69 Mach 1 turned 50 today
« on: February 24, 2019, 11:26:03 PM »
The wife and myself took ol' Priceless out today on his 50th anniversary and drove about 25 miles.  It was 50 years ago today that our Mach 1 was assembled and rolled off the assemblyline.

As we drove ol' Priceless, we talked about who may have been the person who drove it off the assemblyline, wondered what his name was. And that this same engine we drove today was the same exact engine that he turned the key and the Mach came to life probably getting ready for rail transport from NJ to Mooresville NC.

We also talked about that same man sat in this same exact seat I was sitting in when he drove it off the line.  After all, it does retain all the original interior, as is the original complete drivetrain, albeit the motor was rebuilt some years back.

Just has a darn good day thinking about when our Mach 1 was drove off the assemblyline a 1/2 century ago today.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 11:27:52 PM by 69mach351w »

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
Re: Our 69 Mach 1 turned 50 today
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 04:54:19 AM »
Congrats on the half century
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 09:15:39 AM »
a very happy birthday
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 11:14:48 AM »
Time for its first colonoscopy.......?
That’s the age right......?........I’m just sayin’....
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 02:07:25 PM »
Time for its first colonoscopy.......?
That’s the age right......?........I’m just sayin’....
LOL, I gave it it's colonoscopy by running my finger down the oil hole and making sure it wasn't low  ;D

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 03:54:42 PM »
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

trotrof1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 05:08:12 PM »
My Mach turned 50 in Jan. When the weather clears im going to celebrate by blowin off a Chevy.

mark p

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 07:18:48 PM »
My Mach turned 50 in Jan. When the weather clears im going to celebrate by blowin off a Chevy.

The T-bird turned the big "50"  a few years back - also in winter... we went up to the Barn and had a birthday toast - Bailey's for us and Seafoam for the car  :) ... gotta try and have some fun.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 07:56:24 PM »
I must ask...was the seafoam served room temperature or on ice

The T-bird turned the big "50"  a few years back - also in winter... we went up to the Barn and had a birthday toast - Bailey's for us and Seafoam for the car  :) ... gotta try and have some fun.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

mark p

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 08:18:38 PM »
^^^ Seafoam was "chilled"  ;D (early March near Philly in an unheated outbuilding)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 06:42:54 AM »
yummy and cheers !

^^^ Seafoam was "chilled"  ;D (early March near Philly in an unheated outbuilding)

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

JP Emerson

• View Profile
    • JPEmerson.com
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2019, 09:06:02 PM »
The wife and myself took ol' Priceless out today on his 50th anniversary and drove about 25 miles.  It was 50 years ago today that our Mach 1 was assembled and rolled off the assemblyline.

As we drove ol' Priceless, we talked about who may have been the person who drove it off the assemblyline, wondered what his name was. And that this same engine we drove today was the same exact engine that he turned the key and the Mach came to life probably getting ready for rail transport from NJ to Mooresville NC.

We also talked about that same man sat in this same exact seat I was sitting in when he drove it off the line.  After all, it does retain all the original interior, as is the original complete drivetrain, albeit the motor was rebuilt some years back.

Just has a darn good day thinking about when our Mach 1 was drove off the assemblyline a 1/2 century ago today.

Great post!  These make the best stories. Thanks for sharing!

JP Emerson
Ford Muscle Magazine
jpemerson.com