News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Bullitt Mustang story

Started by gt350shelb, January 20, 2018, 09:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

FL SAAC

we are very happy that the owners decided to take it out of hiding so it can be shared with others and receive its true recognition as the real Bullit mustang !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bigfoot

I'm eating dinner with my Mom and she is telling me she was sitting down having a chat with Alan Trustman  of Bullitt fame  this week.
Good timing!
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

I am guessing the car is worth well into 7 figures. Can you imagine that temptation?

If he sell's, I hope it is to someone like FoMoCo who can preserve and share the car with others.

Coralsnake

I love it, hope they don't mess with it. I vote to keep it "as is"

Kudos for integrity

KerryBWhite

Quote from: Coralsnake on January 20, 2018, 07:30:38 PM
I love it, hope they don't mess with it. I vote to keep it "as is"

Kudos for integrity

+1  :)

gt350shelb

This is a great photo of the car  with the teacher who drove it to school ..... how did this car stay hidden ?  in NJ

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

69mach351w

Shawn is a true gentleman to finally bring out the Bullitt for everyone to see, timing couldn't be more perfect, here at the '68 celebrating 50 years and the new Bullitt coming out. So Awesome!!!!

Have you guys seen this on youtube?   Jay Leno with the new 2019 and the original '68 with Shawn!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io6n2sGvs7M

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Does anyone know if the car is going "On Tour"?
Having Steve McQueen's grand daughter there made the reveal just awesome
If I had unlimited $'s and pit the in a glass sided trailer and go to every car related thing until I was too old and feeble to do so. Then hire somebody to keep it going. maybe toss in 5S003 just to have the trifecta
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

JJH

This car could be a huge draw for the MCACN show in Chicago.
SAAC member since 1981

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: 2112 on January 20, 2018, 07:19:07 PM
I am guessing the car is worth well into 7 figures. Can you imagine that temptation?

If he sell's, I hope it is to someone like FoMoCo who can preserve and share the car with others.

I couldn't agree more.  7 figures plus for sure!

Hopefully, everyone saw that they are finalizing a documentary on the car and present ownership...makes my palms sweaty just thinking about that show - I can't wait!!!
Nothing beats a classic!

deathsled

Quote from: 2112 on January 20, 2018, 07:19:07 PM

Easily into the 7 figures agreed and quite likely 8 figures.  When it comes up for sale.  Eventually it will. They all do if enough time trickles through the hour glass.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

stangman39

As much as I'd love to see Sean hold onto it for much longer, I did read if the right offer comes along he may sell.

If it does go up for sale do you think it'll be a big auction house who sells it?

Some of the pics of the car are really great especially the one in the barn.

Keith Litteken